P1639 Need help asap!

coxracen43

Reaction score
P1639- vehicle id block not programmed correctly.
P163A- ford generator B control circuit
P0603- internal control module keep alive memory (KAM) error.

Getting these codes. I know H&S had a fix but no customer support anymore so does anybody know how they fixed it or is my only option to get it reflashed? Thanks in advance!

gman1

Reaction score
Well I got this code on my 08 yesterday. Not much info out there about this and H&S doesnt have customer support any more.
From what I gather my PCM needs to be reflashed to "as is" built but the Mini Max wont let me return the truck to stock.
After I reflash the truck I will loose my tunes.
My question is when I update my Mini Max will I get new tunes on it?

gman1

Reaction score
I got my truck running normal again with no codes or lights. After ALOT of searching, reading & texting I found a few good threads for any one that may have this problem in the future. I did exactly as was suggested in the threads below and all is well now.
http://forum.hsperformance.com/forum2/64l-powerstroke-tech-questions/26144-starting-truck-with-battery-charger-bad-idea
http://forum.hsperformance.com/64l-powerstroke-tech-questions/26248-warning-lights-after-jump-start-battery-replacemen?args=&limitstart=0

coxracen43

Reaction score
I got my truck running normal again with no codes or lights. After ALOT of searching, reading & texting I found a few good threads for any one that may have this problem in the future. I did exactly as was suggested in the threads below and all is well now.
http://forum.hsperformance.com/foru...-starting-truck-with-battery-charger-bad-idea
http://forum.hsperformance.com/64l-...p-start-battery-replacemen?args=&limitstart=0
The dealership I took mine too said they weren't able to reflash mine so I guess I'm gonna have to get a new pcm..

truckman1974

Reaction score
So H&S just doesn't have CS anymore at all? Everyone that has a tuner from them is on their own?? Is there any reason to think I should be concerned that I have an H&S tuner on my truck? Should I consider getting rid of it?

Forgive my "in the dark" approach. I am in the Army and been deployed to West Africa for about 20 months (still over there/here). I don't want to go home and wonder if my truck/tuner is gonna stick it to me.

Why couldn't your tuner take you back to stock tune? If I'm all deleted out and had my tuner return to stock tune the truck would freak out on my anyway right (because it couldn't find all the emissions stuff)? But if I ever wanted to change tuners, "theoretically" I could have my H&S return me to stock just long enough to install the new tuner...correct? Am I all jacked up in my understanding or am I right?

Thanks.

gman1

Reaction score
The dealership I took mine too said they weren't able to reflash mine so I guess I'm gonna have to get a new pcm..

I would try a different dealer or someone with IDS. Something just sounds fishy with what they told you.

So H&S just doesn't have CS anymore at all? Everyone that has a tuner from them is on their own?? Is there any reason to think I should be concerned that I have an H&S tuner on my truck? Should I consider getting rid of it?

Forgive my "in the dark" approach. I am in the Army and been deployed to West Africa for about 20 months (still over there/here). I don't want to go home and wonder if my truck/tuner is gonna stick it to me.

Why couldn't your tuner take you back to stock tune? If I'm all deleted out and had my tuner return to stock tune the truck would freak out on my anyway right (because it couldn't find all the emissions stuff)? But if I ever wanted to change tuners, "theoretically" I could have my H&S return me to stock just long enough to install the new tuner...correct? Am I all jacked up in my understanding or am I right?

Thanks.

There is no more customer support because the EPA made them stop making tuners that defeat emissions. I wouldnt worry about the H&S tuner. There are very few that eff up.

The ones that get the VID corrupted are the ones that cant be returned to stock. After they are flashed to "as built" all is fine again. The trucks that are returned to a stock tune will usually start once with the emissions stuff deleted.

And yes you could return your truck to stock and switch tuners.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.