P1744 - Help?

white59rt

Reaction score
I am having a bitch of a time with the stupid dealer and this code. I read the code dropped it off and told them of the code, yesterday after a week I paid 85 bux for them to tell me the code I told them and offer to put a torque converter in for 1500 bux. I asked if they dropped the pan to see if anything was in there and they said they looked at the fluid on the dipstick, no metal, wtf? Needless to say I said get the damn thing out of the shop and I will do it myself. Just need some advice before I start poking around.

So the truck had a flashing tow/haul light an through that code while towing a 9K lb fifth wheel for the first time.

The tranny was gone thru about 30K ago by a competent ford tech who is no longer with ford. At that time I had a billet input shaft put in and put a precision industries converter in. So I obviously have an issue just taking a 1200 dollar billet triple disc converter out as my truck is all stock - I run with a mild tune and that is all. I just cant believe its the converter but who knows.

Now I have read online from some of the posts throughout the years but this code is very limited in info. I am thinking that it is more likely a solenoid or wire harness internal in the trans. The truck seems to drive fine and I can see on the CTS the LOCK light come on but its not doing anything, the torque converter doesnt seem to lock or do much of anything. The moment pedal input is applied the lock light goes off and the rpms go up a little, just like being in 6th gear unlocked.

I am thinking to pull the pan and check/replace the internal harness and ohm and/or just replace the TCC solenoid.

Any help?

I appreciate whatever time you can give me, I am beyond frustrated with it.

Todd

Latest posts

Members online