P2073 code with IDP

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
So after I installed the no limit 5 inch intake I get that code with IDP tunes but my pip tunes don't do it. I emailed IDP and they said they corrected every intake codes and its somthing else, but pip don't throw it... Got to be tune related right?

Anyone else have this?

P2073 - MAF/MAP Mobile - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Idle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So after I installed the no limit 5 inch intake I get that code with IDP tunes but my pip tunes don't do it. I emailed IDP and they said they corrected every intake codes and its somthing else, but pip don't throw it... Got to be tune related right?

Anyone else have this?

P2073 - MAF/MAP Mobile - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Idle

i'll hit eric up in the am and ask. there arent any codes associated with the intake anymore so it's something that must be off in the tune.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I get P2074 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Load

I have replaced my MAP and MAF sensors (not the TPS though) and I do not believe there to be a massive vacuum leak either.

Basically, there is more air to fuel than the ecm is expecting... and its interesting that you are seeing a slightly different code than me!

Notneb

Reaction score
Was getting the same codes on IDP, switched over to PIP tunes and they went away. Hopefully for you it's just an update away, since PIP seems to have it fixed with the latest 7.2 release. Keep us posted!

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Was getting the same codes on IDP, switched over to PIP tunes and they went away. Hopefully for you it's just an update away, since PIP seems to have it fixed with the latest 7.2 release. Keep us posted!

Did you tell IDP about it? They just emailed me back and said I'm the first one with that code and maybe it's a glitch. I'm running PIP now and no code but it sucks the fuel a little more with way better response.

For the record I'm not bad mouthing IDP at all.

Notneb

Reaction score
Did you tell IDP about it? They just emailed me back and said I'm the first one with that code and maybe it's a glitch. I'm running PIP now and no code but it sucks the fuel a little more with way better response.

For the record I'm not bad mouthing IDP at all.

Emailed them today, let them know I got the CCV, MAF, and Overspeed codes. I'm willing to bet it's just an update away from getting fixed, just based on PIP's latest release. I did notice a different response with PIP vs IDP, and much less smoke, especially on the max setting.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I switched back to my pip v7 tow tune. No ccv or intake codes.. I'm just gonna keep it here until something is figured out.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Innovative had me do the same thing with returning to Stock and then reloading everything for the low fuel rail pressure code. I still got it twice at the track. I'm gonna load the Pip V7.2 tunes when I get back from offshore and see how they are. I love the IDP hot street as it shifts great and the Low fuel rail pressure isn't too bad because it only does it at the track, But I agree they should try to do somthing about it if another tuner isn't throwing the same codes. I'm gonna shoot them another email about the Fuel rail pressure and see what they say. So the V7.2 tunes feel pretty good? It's good to know that the Smoke is under control now. That was 1 of the main reasons I went to IDP was because the Pip performance would throw a huge black cloud at minimal throttle input and always at the wrong time lol. Basically if I had to give it some throttle to get by someone it wouldn't downshift, It would just lug and pour smoke. You basically had to floor it to get it to shift and go. The IDP hot street I've driven pretty much smoke free unless I had to floor it. Everyone a while back was Raving about the IDP tunes and now not so much. I guess it's that time for the bandwagon wheel to spin again ;)
I wonder if it's possible to take the good qualities of each tune and make 1 good tune. That would be awesome lol!

Charles

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Innovative had me do the same thing with returning to Stock and then reloading everything for the low fuel rail pressure code. I still got it twice at the track. I'm gonna load the Pip V7.2 tunes when I get back from offshore and see how they are. I love the IDP hot street as it shifts great and the Low fuel rail pressure isn't too bad because it only does it at the track, But I agree they should try to do somthing about it if another tuner isn't throwing the same codes. I'm gonna shoot them another email about the Fuel rail pressure and see what they say. So the V7.2 tunes feel pretty good? It's good to know that the Smoke is under control now. That was 1 of the main reasons I went to IDP was because the Pip performance would throw a huge black cloud at minimal throttle input and always at the wrong time lol. Basically if I had to give it some throttle to get by someone it wouldn't downshift, It would just lug and pour smoke. You basically had to floor it to get it to shift and go. The IDP hot street I've driven pretty much smoke free unless I had to floor it. Everyone a while back was Raving about the IDP tunes and now not so much. I guess it's that time for the bandwagon wheel to spin again ;)
I wonder if it's possible to take the good qualities of each tune and make 1 good tune. That would be awesome lol!

Charles

agreed. IDP will work to fix whatever is causing it, as has PIP , its a sensitive game, these computers are crazy finnicky , from rail pressure , to rear end output sensor , so many little dumb things.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Hmmm... It seems there is something in the tuning that needs to be adjusted.

Too many people having the same code for this to be a coincidence.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Mike, this is a thread about people with codes that relate to MAP/TPS correlation "out of bounds." There are a statistically relevant number of us at this point to look at the tuning as a source (and hopefully fix!) of the codes.

If everyone hops in to say they have not had the code(s) appear, that will not really be helpful...

tnovoad

Reaction score
I have a 2012 with the No Limit stage 2. I was running PIP tunes, but to me they were not what I was expecting. I ended up switching over to IDP tune and am more than happy on how the truck performs now. I am also getting P2073 and P2074 since I made the switch. I email IDP directly since they are the ones who supplied me the tunes and their reply was

"That's probably the CCV kit, if you have one installed. SCT doesn't support turning off specific codes, even on even existing off road tuners. We only have access to the parameters that SCT allows. Due to emissions restrictions, some changes are simply difficult and it's getting tighter.I'll look into the code and see if I can come up with a reason you'd have it. Thanks for understanding."

I replied back stating I do not have a CCV kit nor did I have the codes prior to switching over.

IDP replied:
We will try to reproduce the codes by installing the same intake. I've seen them from time to time even with an S&B intake. Since we use the regular SCT software, we don't have access to the codes. When I reproduce it, I'll contact SCT support for a fix.

So all in all they are working to fix this issue. Hopefully they come up with something soon. As for the time being I will continue to run the tunes.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I have a 2012 with the No Limit stage 2. I was running PIP tunes, but to me they were not what I was expecting. I ended up switching over to IDP tune and am more than happy on how the truck performs now. I am also getting P2073 and P2074 since I made the switch. I email IDP directly since they are the ones who supplied me the tunes and their reply was

"That's probably the CCV kit, if you have one installed. SCT doesn't support turning off specific codes, even on even existing off road tuners. We only have access to the parameters that SCT allows. Due to emissions restrictions, some changes are simply difficult and it's getting tighter.I'll look into the code and see if I can come up with a reason you'd have it. Thanks for understanding."

I replied back stating I do not have a CCV kit nor did I have the codes prior to switching over.

IDP replied:
We will try to reproduce the codes by installing the same intake. I've seen them from time to time even with an S&B intake. Since we use the regular SCT software, we don't have access to the codes. When I reproduce it, I'll contact SCT support for a fix.

So all in all they are working to fix this issue. Hopefully they come up with something soon. As for the time being I will continue to run the tunes.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

Latest posts

Members online