P2291

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Could be a sensor for sure but I think its the injectors

One thing that Webb06 did was remove the injectors, turn them upside down and hook the lines up and crank the engine and see if any fuel came from the nozzles or not. His had rail pressure but they were dry when they were being attempted to fire. Something hung up internally on them.

fbilly420

Reaction score
I performed glow plug mist test. Basically remove all 8 glow plugs, unplug both 15 pin connectors and crank motor 3 times for 15 seconds. See if any fuel comes from glow plug holes. All 8 are dry. Rules out leaking nozzles. I just picked up new FRP sensor.

fbilly420

Reaction score
I installed new FRP. Will put some things back together tomorrow and see what happens. If i doesn't read anything tomorrow i'm pulling injectors.
Thanks for the replys

fbilly420

Reaction score
Well new FRP she fired right up. I hope this thread will be helpful to someone in the future. FRP sensor is a lot easier and cheaper to replace. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Don't see them fail often, good find there. and you are right its much easier to change.

I had one sensor fail on my black truck right before dpc, same kinda deal.

Do you think the HPFP failed to begin with then? Or do you think it was the sensor the whole time? Did you send the old pump back?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I wouldn't say your in the clear yet... But I hope all is well, keep us updated

fbilly420

Reaction score
The one thing I did notice with new FRP is KOEO voltage. The old sensor read .37 volts new sensor KOEO .50 volts. That is what leads me to believe it was the sensor all along.

webb06

Reaction score
Did ford warranty the pump you returned? If not that was an expensive lesson there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.