Painted headlights?

KrisH

Reaction score
Plain an Simple by Design can do it too. The guy does sick work and I'm hoping to work with him on my next truck:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plain-an-Simple-by-design/334521036560615

On my last truck, we baked the lights and separated the lenses to paint the housings. The prep isn't too hard, but you have to scuff them really well as chromed plastic doesn't hold paint very well otherwise. A and etching and high build primer are musts.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks guys, at least I have a starting point now. I'll call them tomorrow.

Anyone else looking to paint their headlights, that would want to go in halves with a new set, just to get em done, and not have down time on their truck? If these guys dont have them in stock for turnarounds... Or does anyone have a set of used ones that they have already replaced, and wanna sell cheap?

B.Warning

Reaction score
Levi Fenner on here will paint them. He did mine, and also Matt Doyle lights. I'm not sure on the 6.7 but on my 6.4 he had sets already with him and once I got the new ones I sent him mine. Great guy to deal with.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
There's a local guy who did my buddies
9B43-CEF3206C12DE-839-000000351E3E12FB_zpsdea724a0.jpg

17BLKplat

Reaction score
As Kris mentioned above, Bert at Plain an Simple does real nice work. He can do simple PTM work all the way up to SEMA style paint, LED, projector combos.

Here's mine I got from him. Full Tux Black PTM with custom fit projectors in stock housings. He has lights in stock and doesn't require a core fwiw.
null_zps2697f9fa.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Anyone found someone to do this? These chrome dome headlights are UUUUUUUUgly....... Seems like True Bliss was doing this on 08-10 models. Anyone else?

I can handle this. Just haven't had the chance to make a post in my vendor section about it. JD is doing a set for Dearden's 6.7

Last edited:

Powell

Reaction score
Dropped my money off this afternoon with Bert at Plain an Simple. Really good guy showed me all I needed to know.

Doing just painted match (I have the Dark Shadow Grey) headlights with the Halogen light with 6k bulbs. Nothing to fancy other than to make them look pretty. I can go back and do more later.

I am also having him do my fog lamps with the smaller projection setup as well.

Should turn out pretty sick!

I'd recommend him to anyone! Probably going to take my brothers Datsun project lights to him when we get closer to that time.

When he finishes my set he will have another set of cores (probably the week after net) so if anyone is interested in them.

3brorce

Reaction score
I am most likely going to have Levi do mine sometime here soon.

Latest posts

Members online