Painted Mirrors and Bumper

The Butcher

Reaction score
Cost will be dependent on who you have do the work obviously, but I can tell you that you will want to put clear bra from 3M or something similar on them after they are painted. My buddy had his done and within a year there were half a dozen rock chips on the bumper and grille. Had he put the clear bra on it would have held up much better.

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Cost will be dependent on who you have do the work obviously, but I can tell you that you will want to put clear bra from 3M or something similar on them after they are painted. My buddy had his done and within a year there were half a dozen rock chips on the bumper and grille. Had he put the clear bra on it would have held up much better.

thanks for the info....i'm just trying to get a ball park estimate on the price

jwlandry

Reaction score
There's a guy in moss bluff that does damn good work at his house so there's no overhead. PM me if you want his info.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
cost me like $500 for front and rear bumpers, grille and the mirror covers to be painted to match my tri coat. single stage would have been cheaper, i prepped everything myself best i could and left the final once over to the shop

MEDIC350

Reaction score
you have to get king ranch or XL model bumpers sand the paint off. mirror covers its scotchbrite pads and adhesion promoter . and i got a PTM grill surround and ditched the chrome

MEDIC350

Reaction score
i got some take off bumpers from a place in texas that sells brush guards and flatbeds. i got some tan KR rear bumpers and an XL black front bumper and just sanded them to bare metal then took them to my paint guy ( a collision shop ) and he final sanded primed and painted them. both bumpers were something like 300$ on there eBay store. i emailed them saying i wanted bumpers with no dents but scratches were ok(since they were going to get striped anyway) so they did just that.

Reaction score
i got some take off bumpers from a place in texas that sells brush guards and flatbeds. i got some tan KR rear bumpers and an XL black front bumper and just sanded them to bare metal then took them to my paint guy ( a collision shop ) and he final sanded primed and painted them. both bumpers were something like 300$ on there eBay store. i emailed them saying i wanted bumpers with no dents but scratches were ok(since they were going to get striped anyway) so they did just that.

Whats the name of the place you got them from?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My guess is Hendry's in Channelview, Tx.

If not....call them anyway. They're local to me...you wouldn't believe the amount of bumpers they usually have in stock. Racks with literally hundreds of painted bumpers.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
That's part of the reason I went with color matched bedliner. Its been over a year and still looks like it was done yesterday. My grill which was painted on the other hand....

I was quoted $400 for bumpers $200 grill at a local paint shop. That was going to be me bringing them off and they do all the prep and paint. The shop that did the bedliner took them off the truck and put them back on for the same cost as paint would have cost me. Paint would look better IMO but I never have to worry about chips this way.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
My guess is Hendry's in Channelview, Tx.

If not....call them anyway. They're local to me...you wouldn't believe the amount of bumpers they usually have in stock. Racks with literally hundreds of painted bumpers.

Hendry's is where I picked my paintable bumpers up from, they're only a 2 hour drive from me, so I drove over and picked out the ones that I wanted. I think they were around $300 for both. I stripped all the plastics off before dropping them off and my painter charged me about another $200 for paint.

Latest posts

Members online