Painted taillights

sethc24

Reaction score
Hey guys how do i go about painting my taillights on my superduty. I want to darken them. Does anyone have a link to a writeup or something.

MossBack

Reaction score
VHT nightshades spray paint and prep work it's pretty easy just keep local laws in mind . In Utah lights have to be easily visible from 50' or something.

Reaction score
depends how dark you want to go.
if you do vht make sure to do lighter coats before the final wet coat if you want the glossy look, they can get dark fast pic of mine with vht
taillights-1.jpg

Pmac21

Reaction score
a6937818-1a72-3786.jpg

Just make sure you finish with a close up coat so they look shiny and wet. The first time i did mine I kept the can too far back and they looked grainy so I had to strip it off and do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
personally I wouldn't VHT mine again. my 6.0 tails looked great. for 6 months. then crappy

def pm mink. he mixes paint and clear coat I believe and sprays em. then does a lair of clear I think

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

sethc24

Reaction score
Do i separate the lens from the backing and paint the back of the lens?. And of course mask off the reverse light area. As for the local laws i don't know.

chappy

Reaction score
I did mine over a year ago and they still look great.I wet sand mine before i clear and again after clear coat then a buff and wax

Latest posts

Members online