Parking brake dinger

yogr

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a way to disable the dinger that goes off when the parking brake is engaged? The rubber piece on top of my parking brake pedal broke off so when I'm driving down the road sometimes the dinger will go off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a way to disable the dinger that goes off when the parking brake is engaged? The rubber piece on top of my parking brake pedal broke off so when I'm driving down the road sometimes the dinger will go off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
I don't have a dinger when mine is engaged... Guess someone took care of that one for me. :shrug:

I'll look in my manual this afternoon and see if there is a procedure listed like the seat belt minder/chime or auto door lock though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yogr

Reaction score
It only dings if your driving with the parking brake engaged. The rubber piece on top of the parking brake pedal broke off so it doesnt always trigger the sensor. Sometimes while im driving the parking brake dash light will come on and the dinger will start making noise.

cbf9703

Reaction score
It only dings if your driving with the parking brake engaged. The rubber piece on top of the parking brake pedal broke off so it doesnt always trigger the sensor. Sometimes while im driving the parking brake dash light will come on and the dinger will start making noise.
I'm not too ashamed to admit I've started driving down the driveway with the parking brake on and never had a dinger... Would have been a nice reminder when I've had those idiot moments. :morons:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yogr

Reaction score
It's easy. Just unplug the sensor wire off the ebrake. Then let it hang.

Ill try this in the morning. I'm assuming this completely disables the idiot light?
I sometimes let other people drive my truck so id like to keep the idiot light working if possible.

Latest posts

Members online