Parts List - Am I missing anything?

2000wa250

Reaction score
So Tax return has come in, which means time to buy studs springs push rods and whatever else I need to finish this build.

The list looks like this right now:

RiffRaff:

Melling LPOP
Smith Bro Push Rods
180* T-stat (I have the 203* right now, but when I install the twin termies I think I want to be running the 180*)
60 PSI EV2
0-100 PSI Fuel Pressure gauge
Possibly Injector cups, Not sure if they are leaking, and they looked decent from when I changed injectors, but I figure it could be cheap insurance.

Irate:
Valve Spring Kit

As far at studs I'm hung up between H-11 and ARP studs. WOP has H-11's on sale for 744 right now, and I'm really tempted to buy them, but that uses up almost my entire return in this, and I was really hoping I could finish the engine and have a little left over for new fluids and finally getting a sub back in my truck.

Am I missing anything? How do you guys feel about going with the ARP studs instead of the h-11's? I'm not planning on pulling or anything, just a fun DD and I want to take care of everything now. I will not be pulling the heads or putting new HG's in, and from what Ive been told and read the ARP's should work, but I want to get your guys opinions before I pull the trigger.

I decided to go with Irate's valve spring kit both because of price (Save a little bit of money) and because it seems like the WOP kit needs to have machine work done on the valves. These are basically the same kits right?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I run ARPs as do alot of others. They will be fine, however I believe the H11s are a superior product.

If your cups arent leaking and have reasonable amount of miles on them. Just leave them :shrug:

Jake could get you everything on your list BTW. He could probably cut you a better price by buying everything.
That being said WOP is the best service Ive ever had buying parts and backing the product. (My PCS setup)

I would also question the melling LPOP if yours is fine ? I believe INTL designed these engines to run hot. IE the 203* is the "proper" T-STAT. However I understand your concerns with twins. Perhaps the 193* would be better, Im not sure ? I also think of the 180* because my EOT and ECT are usually 203*+/- normal driving. I dont have a fan mind you.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I know jake could get me everything on the list and I've priced it out through both. Jake is great and I have no problems recommending him to anyone however as we have discussed there are some things that he can't do a better price on simply because of the size of his operation and not buying things in bulk.

Im not sure how my pump is simply because I have no way to measure it. I've had slower starts lately....seem to be getting slower....so figured if I was doing the work I might as well throw it in there since it can't hurt

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
Scangauge will be coming eventually...however right now since I have AE its lower priority

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
the plus side to the H-11 is you get 3 uses out of them...I cant decide ether, but I think ill save the extra 100 and get the H-11 just in case the heads need to come off again...

You can get as many uses out of H11s and ARPs as long as the yeild strength has not been compromised actually....

2000wa250

Reaction score
Neither. I put the 250/200's in back in january. I thought that in order to do springs and studs I would probably have to pull my injectors. If I was going to be that far in I figured why not do the cups. That and I've had some white smoke on start up lately, not sure if its that or not, but know that can be a symptom of a cracked cup or two.

Latest posts

Members online