passenger side up-pipe rubbing 08 6.4L

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
i am getting a wierd rubbing noise coming from what seemed to be the bell housing tunnel, upon further inspection one of the bolts from the firewall (im assuming it is a mounting bolt for the heater/a/c blower) is rubbing on the passenger side up-pipe, it is right where the dimple is in the pipe for clearance.

has anyone else had this issue, because a google search comes up with absolutely nothing.

it only seems to happen under heavy acceleration (like passing someone)

when it first started i was thinking it was a loose TC or a bad flex plate, but it is most definitely the bolt in the firewall hitting the up-pipe, i'd cut the bolt off if i could get to it, but there isnt any room...unless they make a 90 degree adapter for a dremel

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is the body on straight? Ive never seen this happen, but i know that bodies dont always go back down straight. If it is pushed as far to the drivers side as it can but still bolt down, i can see this happening.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Is the body on straight? Ive never seen this happen, but i know that bodies dont always go back down straight. If it is pushed as far to the drivers side as it can but still bolt down, i can see this happening.
Something to check for sure, are there measurement points I
Can use or just wing it?

webb06

Reaction score
Something to check for sure, are there measurement points I

Can use or just wing it?

Check the gap between cab and bed. Check the body lines looking down the side of the vehicle from the front to see if the cab is pushed further to one side. Check the front fenders alignment with the front bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
everything looks square, but i took diesel2121's advice, and im pretty sure my passenger side motor mount is destroyed, it looks like it is collapsed and quite possibly the motor is sagging on that side, and im sure its moving quite a bit under a torque load...i'll snap a pic in a few

Latest posts