PCM warranty update

Reaction score
I got another letter in the mail the other day for the Ford reflash or whatever you wan to call it and I was just wondering what some of you guys thought about getting it done. I have heard from other guys with 6.4's and Spartans that it kinda messed things with with the tuner and threw a bunch of codes. Any input on the subject matter would be appreciated. Thanks

sledfreak

Reaction score
I had mine re-flashed back in march before i did the delete's. Is this a newer re-flash if so i don't know? The re-flash i had done i believe spartan had it fiqured out and it would be fine to get the re-flash done.But i'm not sure i have h&s, pm 08 stroker 250 he works for them he would know for sure or call spartan.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Now this was from last week.
Spartan and H&S can be used on the new flash. THey re actually programming the truck back to the older one with the tuning. So the new flash does nothing.
Innovative has some tunes out right now, but not sure which ones, etc. He uses the new flash in his tunes.
KEM cant tune the new flash right now.
Now this was from last week. Things might have changed.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You have got to do the flash update by a certain deadline or they can void your warranty if you have things such as injector's sticking and fail to complete the new flash.. My deadline is March 12,2012 so ill get mine done sometime in february

Reaction score
Yeah mine is that same its sometime in March. I just had one new injector put in in cylinder 4 and I didnt go to a Ford dealer to get the work done, I have a guy that is Ford certified and works at a semi repair shop and I forgot all abotu getting it under warranty. But wouldnt I have voided my warranty if I have deleted the EGR and DPF and ptu the Spartan in? Or is it such that if I have an injector sticking and it wasnt caused by the aftermarket parts I have put on the truck then I would be able to get it covered under warranty with any certified Ford mechanic?

Silver2010

Reaction score
Mine was flashed a few weeks ago while at Ford getting tranny rebuilt. I run Spartan 310 as daily driver and havent noticed much of a difference. Mileage seems to be down according to lie-o-meter, but havent actually hand calculated it since I've gotten it back.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So do I need to return the truck back to stock to get flashed? And then when I try to reload my KEM tune it will be a no go but my spartan tunes will work? Any word on if this will make my tuner more noticeable to them?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would say it would need to be returned to stock before reflashing. Not sure about Spartan or KEM, since you are using both on the DD you don't have the new firmware update. I would contact them to be sure. I am not going to bother with the reflash, my truck will probably never be worked on at a dealership.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I would say it would need to be returned to stock before reflashing. Not sure about Spartan or KEM, since you are using both on the DD you don't have the new firmware update. I would contact them to be sure. I am not going to bother with the reflash, my truck will probably never be worked on at a dealership.

But they might void your warrantee :eek:

Latest posts

Members online