PCS trans. controller install/ wire diagrams

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Alright, tomorrow I will be getting a PCS stand alone transmission controller to control the 4r100 behind my 7.3. I have an idea of what I'm in for as far as installation goes, so I've been researching some of the areas that will need to be wired up. I know I'm going to need a hot and a ground for the PCS (no big deal), along with a tach signal, MAP sensor signal, and a TPS siganl.

Looking around it seems that my tach signal will come from the PCM plug at pin #19. Does anyone know the wire color, or will I have to pull the plug out and count out the pins to find #19?
SD_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Secondly, what am I going to need for a TPS signal? Is it going to be the wire that will read between .5-3.8 volts (or whatever the values are), telling my PCS where my throttle petal is? It looks like it might be pin #7 in this picture, RD/LG.
throttle%20position%20switch%20diagram.jpg

Lastly, would it be possible to use pin #79 in the PCM plug for a MAP signal? Again does anyone know the colors of that wire?

Also from the few people that have been involved with or installed a PCS into one of these trucks I would appreciate any helpful tips or tricks you can throw at me for this install! I'm expecting it to be a rather straight forward install, but I have yet to get my hands on it so I'll take all the info I can get to better prepare myself.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Don't waste time with the factory map. It's a 3 bar. I'd you want a map reading upgrade to a 5 bar.
TPS is 2 wires on the pedal. Off the top of my head I think mine reads .47-3.78v

I'll pm you my number and email you can call for help if you need.

Latest posts

Members online