Pedal to the floor and nothing

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay so I have no idea whats goin on. This is the worst in the morning when she is cold started. Ill let her warm up and when I put it in drive and push the diesel pedal nothing happens. Engine does not rev it does not move. So I let off and try again. Sometimes it takes a few times and the engine doesnt rev. Some mornings itll do this and it sounds like not all my injectors are firing until I let off and try again and then it sounds normal. I dont know whats up tonight it was getting a lil worse and was having problems all day but I didnt check under the hood when I got home cuz it was a lil cold outside and dark out. The other thing that happens is kinda hard to explain but when Im going slow like under 20mph it will want to stop and idle. Im not sure if its a dirty sensor or bad oil pressure or a blown fuse or my chip is loose or if Im lost. Looking for some help on your ideas before I take it into the shop tomorrow and have a buddy look at it.

Layson

Reaction score
It is the sensor in your go pedal on the floor. I hit up the junkyard and got a new one. I think only way to get a new one from ford is to buy the pedal assembly.

Cr500

Reaction score
If the sensor was bad, check engine light would comeon and truck would only idle.
Sometimes when a truck won't rev, especially when cold it is almost always some type of injector issue. The truck may sound ok as well, and not be running with dead holes.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
My check engine light may be burned out, kinda doubt it but it may be. Where is the sensor located? Or does someone have a picture? Ill just replace it because its pretty cheap and Ill see what happens

Layson

Reaction score
My check engine light didn't go on when the sensor failed.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Believe the problem was caused by low oil in the engine. Line the runs above the trans cracked and I lost most of my oil. That should explain it I think

Latest posts

Members online