Pics And Opinions Of Elite Twin Tube Intercooler Upgrade Kit

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a stock truck minus the Emissions deletes and I was thinking about the Twin Tube upgrade kit from Elite Diesel. Is anyone else running this kit with a similar setup to me and how are you liking it so far? I'm also debating on just upgrading to a 15 turbo instead so I'm guessing this kit wouldn't apply to that setup??? I'm not 100% sure about whether or not I can still run my S&B intake after installing this too...

Do you notice a difference in spool up time and performance gains?

And last question is do you have some pics of your setup?

Cheers, Cam.

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Do the Q and A on a public forum so we all don't have to call in.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a stock truck minus the Emissions deletes and I was thinking about the Twin Tube upgrade kit from Elite Diesel. Is anyone else running this kit with a similar setup to me and how are you liking it so far? I'm also debating on just upgrading to a 15 turbo instead so I'm guessing this kit wouldn't apply to that setup??? I'm not 100% sure about whether or not I can still run my S&B intake after installing this too...

Do you notice a difference in spool up time and performance gains?

And last question is do you have some pics of your setup?

Cheers, Cam.

The Twin-Tube would be easier to do and work well with a '15 upgrade. The reason being is by going to the Twin-tube you also need to upgrade your air intake tubing. This is pretty easily accomplished with the '15 turbo with just the single inlet. We can supply an air intake pipe for the S&B or our large AFE filter.

With a stock turbo, when we replaced the stock intake manifolds (upper and lower) our peak power didn't change but at a lower rpm it gained a substantial amount of power, 30hp @1850rpm and 100 ft-lbs of torque @ 1750rpm. I did not record egt's before and after but they may have decreased because the airflow ability is so much greater. I did flow test the stock intakes versus the Twin-tube and those intakes are a huge restriction.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 67ICPipe.jpg
    67ICPipe.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 20140326_110006_zpsvjyxcmzz.jpg
    20140326_110006_zpsvjyxcmzz.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 349

gfulton

Reaction score
The Twin-Tube would be easier to do and work well with a '15 upgrade. The reason being is by going to the Twin-tube you also need to upgrade your air intake tubing. This is pretty easily accomplished with the '15 turbo with just the single inlet. We can supply an air intake pipe for the S&B or our large AFE filter.

With a stock turbo, when we replaced the stock intake manifolds (upper and lower) our peak power didn't change but at a lower rpm it gained a substantial amount of power, 30hp @1850rpm and 100 ft-lbs of torque @ 1750rpm. I did not record egt's before and after but they may have decreased because the airflow ability is so much greater. I did flow test the stock intakes versus the Twin-tube and those intakes are a huge restriction.

Here are a few pics.

That sure is a purtty motor in that picture there :clapping:

dsmracing1

Reaction score

Here are a few pics.

I really appreciate the feedback regarding this kit. I feel that in order for me to want to go through with this kit that I would want to do a 2015 turbo upgrade at the same time. I think in time I will definitely be going this way as this looks like a kick ass clean setup! I can speak for myself and at least a few others when I say thanks for showing us the details regarding this kit!!

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Have you or thought about or planning on putting the intake kit on a box stock 2015?

If so what kinda gains/ improvements etc might be expected on one?

Thanks, David.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I love getting to see pics of the completed EDE piping setup! The photos offer an opportunity for me to preview the finished product in advance, and the photos also help me appreciate all of the hard work, money and effort that is going into this truck :)

More pics!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online