PIP out

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Sad thing is they are targeting everyone not just diesels. Talked to a shop in Florida about tuning a boosted car and they said they're currently being told they'll be hit with a $1,500 fine for every single car they've ever tuned over a 10 year period. Even though a majority of them are track use only cars.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sad thing is they are targeting everyone not just diesels. Talked to a shop in Florida about tuning a boosted car and they said they're currently being told they'll be hit with a $1,500 fine for every single car they've ever tuned over a 10 year period. Even though a majority of them are track use only cars.
that is completely bs right there being most are track only..

it is all dumb but come on..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Texasobs

Reaction score
I don't think the "small" diesel tuning market is a big deal. What is the EPA doing about jet fuel? It has the a super high sulfur content... They just see a place to make a few more bucks to cover up their agendas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I don't think the "small" diesel tuning market is a big deal. What is the EPA doing about jet fuel? It has the a super high sulfur content... They just see a place to make a few more bucks to cover up their agendas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regulating airliners is a huge safety concern. They are also governed by the cubical next to the epa.... fill in the blanks.

higherlife

Reaction score
any word whats going to happen with them? the customers that paid for the tunes? this is probably going to piss people off but this seems like an exit scam.
I also pulled the original PIP tunes off of my 2015, v7 or 6, and wouldn't you know it they were practically identical to HS canned tunes. Table for table, Injector timing, shift points, Rail pressure etc. I would be more than happy to post screen shots.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well... if you read on the EPA's website they PROUDLY display the fact they have gone after and are going after tuners. And they specifically name the ones they have nabbed so far... HS being one of them. Edge, Sct...

higherlife

Reaction score
Well... if you read on the EPA's website they PROUDLY display the fact they have gone after and are going after tuners. And they specifically name the ones they have nabbed so far... HS being one of them. Edge, Sct...

Ok, could you please link the article on the EPAs website stating that they specifically went after punch it performance?

higherlife

Reaction score
doesnt make sense. there are players in the tuning game that have been around longer than HS and yet still run a fully operational business messing with emissions equipment. Yet they go after a small company in BFE Florida.

04cr450

Reaction score
I wouldn't leave out an "out " tactic either... I have been doing work at an emissions site here in my state - got close with a manager there and asked him flat out about diesel tuning etc.. make long story short, he chuckled, shook his head, and said "man enjoy your truck and stop worrying, nothing but a scare tactic because we have heard nothing about diesel emission ****** tuning/car tuning restrictions or updated fines for it". NoW of course this still isn't legit but you would think he knows a little bit being at an emissions center. In his defense though as liberal as maryland is, they can care less about diesel emissions.

Reaction score
Ok, could you please link the article on the EPAs website stating that they specifically went after punch it performance?

They don't post any info until a settlement has been reached.

If you read the H&S settlement it came down to a lack of documentation on where the tuners and parts were going. It's very similar to selling guns, the government wants a paper trail in case they ever need to look. You don't have the paper trail and they come after you.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

I didn't say they were specifically going after PIP. I said if you look you will see that they are proudly going after specific Diesel tuners. Spart-an is currently in the exact same mess.

And Matt from spart-an SPECIFICALLY said so and talked about his case openly in a Facebook update on their FB page.

Not sure if you have noticed or not but many tuners have all but vanished off the forums in large. Only a few popup brave souls poke their heads in anymore.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wouldn't leave out an "out " tactic either... I have been doing work at an emissions site here in my state - got close with a manager there and asked him flat out about diesel tuning etc.. make long story short, he chuckled, shook his head, and said "man enjoy your truck and stop worrying, nothing but a scare tactic because we have heard nothing about diesel emission ****** tuning/car tuning restrictions or updated fines for it". NoW of course this still isn't legit but you would think he knows a little bit being at an emissions center. In his defense though as liberal as maryland is, they can care less about diesel emissions.

State or FEDERAL? State boys are a completely different entity I deal with FEDS. Direct EPA protocol. It's real friend. Atleast for another month... lol

Fwiw.. any state regulatory emissions employees are NOT employees by the EPA. Two separate companies.

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
State or FEDERAL? State boys are a completely different entity I deal with FEDS. Direct EPA protocol. It's real friend. Atleast for another month... lol

Fwiw.. any state regulatory emissions employees are NOT employees by the EPA. Two separate companies.

any state or federal regulatory employee is an absolute pain in the ass to deal with lol

higherlife

Reaction score
I didn't say they were specifically going after PIP. I said if you look you will see that they are proudly going after specific Diesel tuners. Spart-an is currently in the exact same mess.

And Matt from spart-an SPECIFICALLY said so and talked about his case openly in a Facebook update on their FB page.

Not sure if you have noticed or not but many tuners have all but vanished off the forums in large. Only a few popup brave souls poke their heads in anymore.

Just read it. Very well written. However, He did state that they have been dealing with the EPA for 3 years yet they are still selling and supporting their products.
PIP has shut their down fairly quickly and offers no explanation why. Just a "we can not fulfill the promises we made to our customers when they initially purchased our tuning anymore, bye". EPA or not, that is a very sketchy way to close a business.

04cr450

Reaction score

Not sure I didn't want to sound like I was on to something. He is a state empioyee though I know that

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Just read it. Very well written. However, He did state that they have been dealing with the EPA for 3 years yet they are still selling and supporting their products.
PIP has shut their down fairly quickly and offers no explanation why. Just a "we can not fulfill the promises we made to our customers when they initially purchased our tuning anymore, bye". EPA or not, that is a very sketchy way to close a business.

I disagree that it's sketchy....it's self preservation. A very in novative shop in Maryland walked away when the EPA started sniffing around again. Smart move IMHO. Why stay in business and get hammered for hundreds of thousands of dollars when you can walk away clean. I was a customer of theirs and don't blame them one bit.

higherlife

Reaction score
I disagree that it's sketchy....it's self preservation. A very in novative shop in Maryland walked away when the EPA started sniffing around again. Smart move IMHO. Why stay in business and get hammered for hundreds of thousands of dollars when you can walk away clean. I was a customer of theirs and don't blame them one bit.

So promising updates to customers and customer support but suddenly putting on your website you are closed all of a sudden doesn't seem sketchy? We are only assuming the EPA got to them but have no solid proof. To me it seems like an exit scam. Stick your customers with subpar tuning, close up shop then reopen and sell them the same tuning under a different name.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.