pitman arm hits leafspring on full lock

jngreen

Reaction score
This is on my 2000 f250, and by pitman arm I really mean the draglink attached to the pitman arm. It is completely stock suspension as far as I can tell, but it does look like someone has taken a pipe wrench to the draglink and made some adjustments. The steering wheel is fairly straight though, so what is causing this? Is it possible that the draglink has been extended out too far? If that is the case, then the steering wheel is off a complete 360 degrees. The pitman arm has no "drop" to it, it looks to be correct for a stock f250. Is there that much adjustment in the steering? I would hate to shorten the draglink, only to find that I can't turn right all the way.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Have you done a center to right then center to left test? Make sure you have the same amount of steering wheel rotations both directions before hitting stops.

jngreen

Reaction score
No, but it turns pretty much the same both directions. It only hits the driver's side spring when I drive over a bump or turn into my driveway. It pops loudly and bumpsteers when it hits.

jngreen

Reaction score
Actually, I just checked it in the driveway, the draglink gets ran directly into the side of the leafspring about the same time it hits the steering stop. I suppose I only notice it popping when the leafspring flexes.

Latest posts

Members online