Votes: 26 25.7%
  • 22 Chrome Novakane

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • 22 Death Metal Novakane

Votes: 47 46.5%

• Total voters

Sprman

Reaction score
you should see the chrome on my wheels. Been on for almost 5 yrs and unless they are dirty, they look like crap. :doh: One of these days I'm going to put a set of black rims on mine, probably go with a machined lip with it to offset the ALL black wheel. The quality of chrome wheels nowadays SUCK.

I'm about to do what Layson is doing, just gotta find the time.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
I honestly will probably get bitched out for this, but chrome is chrome...you really cant go wrong! I have to admit I ride a Harley and i think this is where my sickness originates. Seems like all the 80's babies are anti-chrome. so stick with your generation and you cant go wrong..nice rig too man.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've heard before about the BMFs pitting at the beach. A while back and it wasn't a person anyone was taking seriously. Said his buddy went to the beach down there near where you go and was having issues quickly, like within a month.

I had gloss black wheels on my last truck and hated keeping them clean. I swore I'd never get gloss again. I could see water spots on them like crazy unless I used windex on them every time I washed em.

My chrome rims are fine after a year but I can see why you're gun shy towards em.

I'm also not a fan of the death metal finish though. To me, it takes away from the simplicity of the truck. I'd have either black and white on your truck or chrome and white on the entire thing. I can't get the poll from tapatalk, but if it's an option I vote stealth finish 22s. If not I vote chrome.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Chrome! All the way!! Black wheels are waaaaaaay overdone. I like them but if I have to look at another 96 z71 with black ultra's on it Im gonna shoot myself.

Saw an all white dodge qc/lb laramie today with chrome split six spoke wheels today and it looked great!

If you're gonna go for painted wheels do a different color...

22" chrome novakane. See if you can find some coating to keep em alive for longer.

jdc753

Reaction score
I'm with Layson on old school and chrome. I see a lotta trucks I like with black wheels that I like, but I always come back to chrome. Also whenever I have to polish my chrome ones (tomorrow, ugh) I wish I had black but I still like the looks of a nice chrome wheel.

Sucks about the pitting, I musta got lucky with my pro comp wheels they have held up pretty good, got 1 spot on 1 wheel that is peeling slightly and a little couple pitts in the grooves but they still clean up nice after 80k daily driving including new england winters.

this probably isnt helping at all, but is there anyway you can wait for the 22inch rehabs?

That would be pretty sweet, something new and its a great looking wheel too

Rehab20x12%20Pol%20Limited%20Edition%2003.JPG

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I' don't know why but i say chrome. somthing about chrome 22's would look a lot cleaner with your truck. I can't really explain it but I guess it looks classier and cleaner. plus there are already several trucks on here and psn that have that exact setup (white with black bmf's) If my truck wasn't true blue, I'da done chrome for sure...

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I' don't know why but i say chrome. somthing about chrome 22's would look a lot cleaner with your truck. I can't really explain it but I guess it looks classier and cleaner. plus there are already several trucks on here and psn that have that exact setup (white with black bmf's) If my truck wasn't true blue, I'da done chrome for sure...

:whs:
It would look alot classier chrome. But my next setup is gonna be 24" sotas in death metal, so I can see where your coming from with polling the choices.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
You guys don't get me wrong. I love the chrome. I simply dont want to be dealing with the same issue in 6 months. Im starting to think the death metal is a solution. I've ran em before....

1009091029.JPG

JMart

Reaction score
With the way that paint shines it would be a sin to put a wheel on that truck that didn't compliment it. Whatever you pick has to be chrome.

Then again I dont like black wheels on white trucks at all.

What does Jason say?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
With the way that paint shines it would be a sin to put a wheel on that truck that didn't compliment it. Whatever you pick has to be chrome.

Then again I dont like black wheels on white trucks at all.

What does Jason say?

He wants chrome.

I just dread doing this again next summer....

Latest posts

Members online