Planning on getting into a 2012

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Alright everyone, since I am working for a Ford dealership now I am getting pretty good prices on a 2012. I am honestly wondering how everyone is liking the performance done to their 2012s.

What are you all running?

What are the positives and negatives?

Any hiccups or problems because of it?

What tunes and platform you are running them on?

The help will be appreciated since I will be making the decision in the next couple of days.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright everyone, since I am working for a Ford dealership now I am getting pretty good prices on a 2012. I am honestly wondering how everyone is liking the performance done to their 2012s.

What are the positives and negatives? no negative yet cept they dont make as much power as 6.4

Any hiccups or problems because of it? not yet

What tunes and platform you are running them on? h&S mini max unlocked

The help will be appreciated since I will be making the decision in the next couple of days.

trucks are just SOOOOO nice when you get them loaded out.

highdrum

Reaction score
I am running SPE Hot-X tuning, and I have thrown a P0093 code twice now in performance mode, and it has limped the engine both times, just requires a restart. I know my fuel system ins't leaking, but obviously my lift pump or CP4 is hiccuping under heavy load right after a shift and fuel psi drops enough to limp the engine. I don't know it if is rail or lift pressure that is being lost, I am thinking rail. I guess a fuel lab setup with dual fuelers is in need. As well as a bigger turbo. Other than that, I simply love this truck, wish the fuel mileage was a lil better though, only getting 15-16 with it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am running SPE Hot-X tuning, and I have thrown a P0093 code twice now in performance mode, and it has limped the engine both times, just requires a restart. I know my fuel system ins't leaking, but obviously my lift pump or CP4 is hiccuping under heavy load right after a shift and fuel psi drops enough to limp the engine. I don't know it if is rail or lift pressure that is being lost, I am thinking rail. I guess a fuel lab setup with dual fuelers is in need. As well as a bigger turbo. Other than that, I simply love this truck, wish the fuel mileage was a lil better though, only getting 15-16 with it.

you can try the TS mp8 , it should fix that, i have one coming, i havent gotten that code with the spe hot , but tadd at elite said i need one when i try his tunes, he saw a 15hp increase.

12stroker

Reaction score

What are the positives and negatives?

Any hiccups or problems because of it?

What tunes and platform you are running them on?

The positives I have to say I love everything about the truck. The only negative part I have to say is my sunglasses not fitting in the sunglasses holder LOL

I have had zero issues with mine so far I only have 10K on mine.

I have a Mini Max I just haven't installed it yet. Also might have some MCC tuning in the future from someone local.

I came from always driving a dodge and I have no regrets.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The positives I have to say I love everything about the truck. The only negative part I have to say is my sunglasses not fitting in the sunglasses holder LOL

I have had zero issues with mine so far I only have 10K on mine.

I have a Mini Max I just haven't installed it yet. Also might have some MCC tuning in the future from someone local.

I came from always driving a dodge and I have no regrets.

Put the h & s on !! You're still only making 450 or so anyway haha

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

have them increase the allowable variance for the 0093 on your tunes

H&S did that for the 0087 code on the 6.4 after they came out with the hot files

Latest posts

Members online