plastidip

Reaction score
I thought about plasti dipping my grill surround to match my truck. My truck is royal red metallic. Does anyone know about getting the right stuff to make it match?

BK39

Reaction score
Just buy the PTM grill surround and have it painted to match the truck. Easier and less headaches.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I agree. Just do it right the first time. Especially since you're wanting to PTM. I think it would be pretty difficult to match it perfectly with plastidip also. May be wrong but that's just my guess.

zporta

Reaction score
You won't get an exact match with plastidip. I would just paint it

BK39

Reaction score
I forgot to mention it fades. I tested the red Plastidip out on a small tool box in the bed of my work truck. My red is now dark pink. Resembles a "cheap" paint job. You can tell it was once red, but faded.

TheOx

Reaction score
When you say black surround, do you mean the XL grill surround?

if so, as far as I am aware, the black XL surround is not the same as a PTM (Paint to match) surround... could you make it the same yes, but it would take a lot of time, sand paper and primer because of the texture.

BK39

Reaction score
Good to know. I might just keep a eye out for a black surround and paint it. Thanks everyone.

Find one that is specific "PTM or Paint to match". I think sunrise ford is a vendor on here, and then check out tasca ford too. I believe I bought mine from tasca for a couple hundred bucks or something.

When you say black surround, do you mean the XL grill surround?

if so, as far as I am aware, the black XL surround is not the same as a PTM (Paint to match) surround... could you make it the same yes, but it would take a lot of time, sand paper and primer because of the texture.

You are correct. They are not the same. The black XL grill that is in my 2013 work truck does not come apart, it does not have a "grill surround", it's all 1 pc. And it's textured.

OP will want to find a PTM surround.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
There are aftermarket PTM surrounds all over ebay for well under $150.00
Some don't have the Super Duty letters stamped in but I actually like that. I'm not a huge fan of advertising.

Members online

No members online now.