pmf 1/4" spacers

04cr450

Reaction score
So after installing a 2.5" leveling kit on the truck- the drivers side front is still about 1" lower than the passenger side front. Driving me nuts to say the least, can I buy 4 of the pmf 1/4" spacers and install them above the 2.5" leveling puck? Will it effect the track bar drop bracket/ alignment?
Seems like all I have been doing lately is adjusting body parts on this thing... bed was crooked, front bumper was crooked, and now this. I am very anal and attention to detail so a normal person wouldn't even see these issues. So much for buying a brand new truck.:ford:

sootie

Reaction score
Get the ouo leveling blocks so you can set it where you want

04cr450

Reaction score
Ehh not interested in spending that much considerin I just put this kit on... yeah not impressed with this truck at all body wise.... but it's all good now- I went to the extremes of going to the dealer and looking at other super duties and I was shocked to see the beds were crooked like mine and the front bumper was not straight either- come on ford.

sootie

Reaction score
Should be no issue

May want to measure the back closely. I have seen small adjustments back there do a lot up front. Also the amount of fuel on board makes a big difference too

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'd talk to Trevor before stacking 4 of them. He may advise against it. I have 2 per side and that's about as far as I'd personally go. The adjustable OUO part sounds like exactly what you need.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I stuck 2 on my driver side on top of my Carli coils but idk if I would stack them on top of a spacer lift. But I think it says on pmfs site the max they should be stacked is 1"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Thanks or the info guys. I am 1/2" higher in the rear as of now. I spoke to Trevor a little bit ago and he made these spacers specifically for this super duty issue. He advised stacking 4 of these spacers is ok and no problems. I just took exact measurements and I can get the truck level side to side with 2 spacers.

04cr450

Reaction score
Should be no issue

May want to measure the back closely. I have seen small adjustments back there do a lot up front. Also the amount of fuel on board makes a big difference too

Are you talking about lifting the rear an inch etc etc? As of now I am 1/2" higher in the rear than front. The rear is the exact same height driver and passenger.

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
I put 3 of the 1/4 inch spacers on driver from side on top of leveling coils . It evened out the truck perfect . And it was an 1" off when j first measures it. 4 spacers would of went an exact inch but then the cone that sticks down in the middle of the bucket would of been to far up and I don't think it would be too safe. Just my 2 cents .

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Correct that's what I did and I wrapped electrical tape in 3 spots triangulated to keep them straight and not move .

dsmracing1

Reaction score
pmf 1/4" spacers

I'm going a little crazy lately too with how much it's off on the drivers side haha. Might just have to order 3 spacers too and install them.

04cr450

Reaction score
Update* added 3 pmf spacers to my drivers side. Truck now sits dead level at 45" all 4 sides. Happy with the results. Total time was 35 mins for install (just had to drop drivers side of axle enough to get the spacers on top of the spring).

Swampfox

Reaction score
I will have to keep this in mind when I get around to leveling or lifting. :toast:

My 2012 was the same way but ended up just ignoring it. Most people can't even tell about the bed not being aligned, I had line-x sprayed in the bed of my 2012 and the place took the bed bolts out to spray it. Picked the truck up and looking out of the mirrors something was out of place, sure enough the bed was off and the owner at Line-x argued with me that there was no adjustment in the bed. Took it to a friend of mine at the body shop and he lined it back up.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
pmf 1/4" spacers

Update* added 3 pmf spacers to my drivers side. Truck now sits dead level at 45" all 4 sides. Happy with the results. Total time was 35 mins for install (just had to drop drivers side of axle enough to get the spacers on top of the spring).

Well, guess I'll have to get the credit card out lol.

04cr450

Reaction score
It's really a joke on how bad cosmetically designed /"put togethor these trucks are especially if you have a keen eye. You would think that the flaws I found with my truck just by looking at it would be non existent coming off the factory assembly line. Ehh well, little old me had to re align my néw truck to "get it right".
Anyways- taking the truck to get it aligned next week to make sure all is well. Should be good to go then- satisfied now with how the truck sits, and the body lines front to back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.