PMF Traction Bar Question

doo dah

Reaction score
I got my PMF bars and will be putting them on tomorrow but have questions. Is there a recommended length that the rod end should be adjusted out of the bar? Should these be bolted in as they are designed or could one weld them and have the same strength and rigidity? Maybe bolt in from the bottom and weld the outside part on the frame? I have the bolt on kit with the U bolt plate mount.

sootie

Reaction score
I know lots of ppl that weld them and performance is hindered none. There are others that say because the frame is heat treated, the heat from the weld compromises the integrity of the steel. As far as the rod ends go, I would put them in half way, that way you can adjust preload if necessary and have room to go either way.

NotStock

Reaction score
The adjustment is there to allow you to change lift heights down the road without having to modify anything other than spinning the joint a couple times. I would never suggest adding preload unless is SPECIFICALLY for drag racing/sled pulling. No need to weld the frame brackets, just use the supplied hardware and torque properly. Good to go!

sootie

Reaction score
I just reread what I posted...I wasn't recommending welding the frame brackets-i was saying it could be done. I have always bolted mine fwiw

Coueshunter

Reaction score
I know lots of ppl that weld them and performance is hindered none. There are others that say because the frame is heat treated, the heat from the weld compromises the integrity of the steel. As far as the rod ends go, I would put them in half way, that way you can adjust preload if necessary and have room to go either way.

These frames are really heat treated?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I orders both so I can run OUO on the left and PMF on the right. Best of both worlds and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
I orders both so I can run OUO on the left and PMF on the right. Best of both worlds and I suggest everyone else do the same.

But which one performs better ?? Lol

doo dah

Reaction score
I only got the left side on due to time constraints but it made a difference. Shifts are better than before and when it hooks it hauls a**. Towed our fifth wheel around 200 miles and everything seemed very planted, looking forward to getting the other side on.

WHY NOT

Reaction score

Everyone knows OUO of the right and PMF for the left, come on man, your axle will literally instantly bend into a U shape the first time you get on it if you install them how you said. :jawdrop:

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
BS. Ya gotta stack 'em to make them work right. Hardest question is which one on top. THAT is hard core vendor support.

Latest posts

Members online