PMF Traction Bars and No Limit Xmas Goodies

O&G

Reaction score
The bars are top notch, have options and are reasonably priced compared to anything else out there. If you have an over sized gas tank be prepared to drop it and do some trimming. Overall I would highly recommend it to anyone, lifted especially. I noticed bad axle wrap signs on my drive shaft from it flexing and rubbing the gas tank brackets.

Axle Wrap:
Axlewrap2_zpskh7pxlnn.jpg

20150425_163130_zpsr5qorinl.jpg

New PMF bars:

20151113_082824_zpsitprkehs.jpg

20151230_173905_zpsjv56klzl.jpg

20151230_173926_zps49cv28y0.jpg

EGR & CVC Solutions:
IMG_20151120_171954_zpsngkqofgl.jpg

Fog so thick you can eat it!
PlanetBeach_zpsejo79lvj.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Did you get enough thread into the bar on the frame end?
That looks like it's extended out pretty far.

O&G

Reaction score
Did you get enough thread into the bar on the frame end?
That looks like it's extended out pretty far.

Yea, it's extended pretty good, but my truck is also lifted. The bars come adjustable up to.... not too sure. I'd have to check again, but I haven't noticed any issues so far.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
They say in the directions how far the joint should be threaded into the bar. I'd double check it. Could be the pic but it looks like it's pretty much maxed out at least. Mine is t lifted as much so mine is almost all the way screwed in.

O&G

Reaction score
They say in the directions how far the joint should be threaded into the bar. I'd double check it. Could be the pic but it looks like it's pretty much maxed out at least. Mine is t lifted as much so mine is almost all the way screwed in.

Thanks for looking out man, I'll keep an eye on it. I'v been in the car aftermarket scene for many years, but this is my first dive into a diesel truck, which I can honestly say I enjoy more than any car.

I did not do the install because I live on the road basically and my knowledge of suspension work is minimal at best. I can rebuild a turbo, but I don't like messing with the geometry of a vehicle. I did some research on it and it appears the bracket could have been placed a little further forward in my opinion, but the gas tank brackets were becoming an issue the further they moved the bracket forward. They bent it as much as safely possible. However, it does look like I have at least another inch or so of room to adjust. I do tow, but I do not drive the truck hard, I want this thing to last a long long time. That's the main reason I purchased the bars.

For my 8" lift I feel that the adjustment is going to be more extended than others. I tried to find some pics via the interweb. Trucks are at various heights.

2_zpskjttkoau.jpg

0154843981695344_7240262906822688428_n_zpswapokcyp.jpg

s2gussetedtractionblocks_zpslxszcqx1.jpg

af25b425_zpsytrcvtt7.jpg

O&G

Reaction score
What aftermarket tank are you running, and what did you have to trim specifically?

I bought the truck with the tank already installed. I believe it holds about 40 gallons give or take. They had to trim the outer plastic holding shell, not the tank itself. 4wheel parts wouldn't even do the install, because they had to drop the tank. They said the Fabtech bars wouldn't work. They're too expensive and lazy anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online