Possible bad injector orings?

79jasper

Reaction score
I only had about 7k or so miles on this filter(probably way less, went on around February or march), but it was clogging.
Seems to be something else in there, but I can't tell if it's oil or just junk.
8a9e8edu.jpg
enunuvy7.jpg
evusy4yg.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Not in awhile.
Last year, (I think, dang mind has been slipping lately) I replaced the fuel pump, which at that point I cleaned out the fuel bowl.
Then maybe a few days or weeks later the tank pickups broke off. Which I got everything out, and used hose and brass t's to fix it with.
Do have slightly more oil consumption, but can't tell you the exact amount, and do have a slight weep at the oil pan or front main, but it's not enough to drip on the concrete.
Another thing I've noticed, when I come off the highway sometimes it lopes a little more than usual, but it's done that since I've had it. Never really been hard starting when warm or anything, and can't really say if it has a lack of power.
This filter went it on a sub zero day, iirc. I was driving to the E.R and seemed like the fuel was gelling, so I swapped in a filter and dumped in some anti-gel.

79jasper

Reaction score
Hmm. Didn't think of that.
Should it feel gritty or anything?
This stuff just seemed to be oily, but may have just been the fuel.
There's a newly renovated station where normally get fuel. They put in a new tank and pumps.
Same with qt, which is the last place I fueled.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Put a pair of latex gloves on and grab the filter then go from there.

Diesel fuel that is left to stagnate in tanks(in as little as 60-90 days) breaks down much like gasoline does and creates the "algae" or salty crud at the bottoms of tanks. The black, gooey, stringy stuff that occurs after sitting for long periods of time is actually the results of the fuel breaking down. That slime is actually paraffin wax and asphaltenes. It is more prevalent in todays fuel as a result of the refining process.

Throw a bottle of BioClean in the tank(s) and go from there.

Also Bio-diesel cleans the fuel system. Here in NJ, diesel may contain up to 10% of bio-diesel.

Billy T.
[email protected]

79jasper

Reaction score
I haven't seen anywhere near me that advertises having a bio blend.
But I'll see if I can pick up some bioclean. And from what I've read, probably need a few more filters also. Lol

Latest posts

Members online