Possible Clutch Problems

QtrHorse

Reaction score
I had my hydraulic clutch reservoir replaced 3-4 months ago because of a stuck to the floor pedal. It has been working perfectly for the past 4-5 months.

This past weekend, I noticed that my pedal seemed to lose 1/2 of the normal pressure it takes to push the clutch in or I apparently got super strength over the weekend. The clutch now does not engage until the pedal is almost all the way to the top and it used to start engaging midway. On the way to work this morning, it seemed to slip/ not engage fully for a split second when I was on the hwy and changing from 4th to 5th gear. I could not duplicate this again on the drive to work. Maybe I just never noticed that the new clutch assembly caused it to have less pressure?

I installed an LUK clutch at 75K miles along with the updated/ heavy duty clutch fork and the truck now has 198K miles. I have not towed anything remotely heavy for at least 75K miles.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

JLDickmon

Reaction score
I had my hydraulic clutch reservoir replaced 3-4 months ago because of a stuck to the floor pedal. It has been working perfectly for the past 4-5 months.

This past weekend, I noticed that my pedal seemed to lose 1/2 of the normal pressure it takes to push the clutch in or I apparently got super strength over the weekend. The clutch now does not engage until the pedal is almost all the way to the top and it used to start engaging midway. On the way to work this morning, it seemed to slip/ not engage fully for a split second when I was on the hwy and changing from 4th to 5th gear. I could not duplicate this again on the drive to work. Maybe I just never noticed that the new clutch assembly caused it to have less pressure?

I installed an LUK clutch at 75K miles along with the updated/ heavy duty clutch fork and the truck now has 198K miles. I have not towed anything remotely heavy for at least 75K miles.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

The fork in the bell housing is fixin' to bust. Or, is otherwise jacked up.

QtrHorse

Reaction score
I can slip the clutch in every gear now with only mild accelleration. I have come to the conclusion that either the pressure plate or the clutch itself is toast.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
My LUK clutch was TOAST after 100k. Still worked fine, but springs were falling out of clutch and PP fingers all bent up. I was not impressed. The Southbend Con OFE (ceramic/metallic) has been great for 30k now...

Next time my trans is out I will be replacing the POS pilot with a 6.0 pilot bearing by machining flywheel. (7.3 = ~7/8" and 6.0 = ~1.0") Fwiw, I'm not impressed with the kevlar bushing either...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.