Possible down pipe issue?

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Several months ago when I put my exhaust on I had issues that led me to think up pipes were blown on my truck. I took the clamp loose on the down pipe and moved it around and the exhaust leak noise went away. Fast forward 6 months was driving and gave the truck a wot run. Now the sound is back, the only time it makes the noise is when I'm giving it all it has. Under normal driving or medium acceleration there are no problems. I've looked with mirror around everything, there is no soot or any signs of leaking in the area of the up pipes. So I guess my question is could it be possible that the down pipe isn't seating properly coming out of the turbo? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Jbird

Reaction score
I had this problem turns out it was actually the ac belt tensioner was fried. Under a hard pull the belt would start squealing even though it was loose. It did not sound like a normal belt squeal and it was so hard to see under there that i dismissed that being the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Boost leak?
That could be possible.
I had this problem turns out it was actually the ac belt tensioner was fried. Under a hard pull the belt would start squealing even though it was loose. It did not sound like a normal belt squeal and it was so hard to see under there that i dismissed that being the problem
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try to check this out as well, it really sounds like an exhaust issue, but I guess anything is possible.

6.4f350

Reaction score
Check to see if your downpipe or exhaust are rubbing on anything. I had this happen after putting on my single and it would only do it under hard throttle.