Possible GEM module failure

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay guys Im fairly certain my General Electric Module is shot. Mikes Diesel Performance kinda helped me out with this but I just want wanted to make sure. Ive had some strange electrical gremlins in my 99. My high beams for my head lights do not randomly work. My power locks fail to work but that has been ever since I bought it. I put new actuators in it and they still do not work. After my gauges were installed my radio went on without my key in the ignition and my blinker relay was tripping. After that my truck was having weird problems running but after I took my chip out and back in it and ran fine. Just 3 days ago I had to change my power steering pump and with one battery off I went into my truck and a relay was tripping sounding like the relay was saying "error" and as it clicked my dome light flashed along with it. My wipers were were also going on the low setting even though they were off. After the 2 day period of my battery being out my truck wouldnt start. My cab lights do leak which Im fairly certain this caused the problem. Anyone have a good idea on how to seal my cab lights and how to change out my GEM?

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
It prolly haunted lets go with that haha. But yah I heard it was going to be expensive cuz Orileys or Autozone doesnt carry it I guess I have to go though a dealer.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Defiantly haunted. Better call the ghost hunters to check it out. AE will read the gem. May have a code to help you out for sure.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Arisley

Reaction score
You can find a GEM at a salvage yard. You have to have it programmed for your truck by the dealer. If you can find a truck like yours, same year, same options, it should work.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Well here is the situation Ford dealership wants around $500 for a GEM. Orileys will charge me $250 +$60 shipping and will repair my old one but will take a week. I wouldnt even know where to start or even what it looks like let alone how to change it if someone could give me a hand with this it would be awesome

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.