Possible injector going?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Hey guys. A couple days ago I noticed the engine making a new noise. I'm guessing it's the tick people say happens after an oil change. But I have 68K miles and have never noticed it. It sounds like a 6.0 or a 7.3 when you can hear the injectors at idle. Has anyone had a bad injector? Just wondering what the symptoms where. Other than the noise the truck runs great. I may have the dealership hook it up to the scanner just to be sure.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I wouldn't fret it. You would know if an injector was bad. Mine is noisey and I have 18000 miles on mine. It has the infamous 6.7 tick. Mine also gets more noise depending on how hot of a tune I have in it. Hotter tunes put more timing thus more noise. If it's doing good mileage wise and doesn't have a dead miss I would say it's okay.

Notneb

Reaction score
Hey guys. A couple days ago I noticed the engine making a new noise. I'm guessing it's the tick people say happens after an oil change. But I have 68K miles and have never noticed it. It sounds like a 6.0 or a 7.3 when you can hear the injectors at idle. Has anyone had a bad injector? Just wondering what the symptoms where. Other than the noise the truck runs great. I may have the dealership hook it up to the scanner just to be sure.

Sounds like normal break in noise to me. I know my '12 got noisier around 50k, but I came from a 7.3 so it still just sounded quite as hell to me in comparison.

Hell my '15 is louder than my '12 was, but I also have all the stock junk off the top of the motor *EGR, CCV, Intake, IC piping*, so I notice the normal injector "rattle" when you come off the throttle at low speed, or at idle.

If you're still under warranty, take it to the dealer if only to ease your mind. If not, don't worry :p

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Yea not so much under warranty haha. MPD replaced the motor at 45K. And Morgan sent me a trans at 55K. And I'm getting 14.5- 15mpg around town with 35s, 3.31s, and an S371FMW turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.