Possible new rear springs and ladder bars?

JO9816

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I have an early 99 f250 with a leveling kit on the front with 305/70/16 tires (basically a 33x12.50.) I still have stock rear springs and rear blocks. Recently I hauled about 1400 pounds in the bed and it sagged a little more than I thought it would/should. The truck has 188k miles on it and I know the leveling kit doesn't help with rear end sag when hauling stuff. Do y'all think I should just invest in a set of airbags or new springs for the rear...or maybe both? I've also been thinking of investing in a set of traction or ladder bars for my truck? Think these are worth it or not? Thanks for any advice.

JO9816

Reaction score
I really don't quite know how often I'd be hauling like this. I really wasn't expecting to haul this load, but the boss man said "Hey go pick this up and bring it back." Luckily it wasn't that far away and I just used back country roads. The bad thing is that every single bump I hit, I could hear metal hitting metal in the back.

Countrycar

Reaction score
I'm with Vader'sfury on this one. I did FS HD air bags and traction bars about 12 yrs ago. It's nice to be able to air them up when you need them, this way you still keep your stock ride. Or in my case, I have a 6" lift so the ride is already stiff. When I tow heavy, I just air them up to keep my truck level, and air them down when empty.

JO9816

Reaction score
Sounds like air bags and ladder bars are the way to go. I also don't want to sacrifice my ride quality (any more than the bigger tires and leveling kit did). Speaking of which, what kind of psi do yall recommend for running unloaded? Ive played around with the psi a little, but still cant get near the ride quality of my stock size Michelins.

Latest posts

Members online