Powemax and 155

Twan

Reaction score
Will I see a noticeable difference in my turbo spool up with a 155cc. It's nice at sea level, but at 5000-10,000 on hot days, it takes about 2-3 seconds to get moving when loaded.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
155s seemed to help spool my stock turbo a little faster, I noticed a difference when I ran a tune with less fuel on the bottom end. I loved my truck with that setup! It was a lot more fun to drive than it is now.

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
155s seemed to help spool my stock turbo a little faster, I noticed a difference when I ran a tune with less fuel on the bottom end. I loved my truck with that setup! It was a lot more fun to drive than it is now.

Care to elaborate more on this setup? Would 155cc with stock turbo raise EGT's?

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember what my egts were exactly. However in a tow tune I pulled my 30ft gooseneck with a race truck to Dallas and back and never saw over 1,000 degrees egt. It was quick spooling and had a slight haze at wot even in my insanity tune, which I ran almost all the time.

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember what my egts were exactly. However in a tow tune I pulled my 30ft gooseneck with a race truck to Dallas and back and never saw over 1,000 degrees egt. It was quick spooling and had a slight haze at wot even in my insanity tune, which I ran almost all the time.

That's interesting. I am debating whether I should do turbo or injectors first.

01PSD

Reaction score
Injectors first, you can always pull fuel if you have to. Very beneficial if the funds aren't there LOL

sly1types

Reaction score
double triple check that you dont have a crack in your up pipe. My spool up was getting longer and I had a cracked pipe now its spools really quick with my Powermax.

Twan

Reaction score
The up pipes are good, it's not bad driven around, just when I get 20k behind it, it takes a bit to get it going.

Wayne

Reaction score
He should be OK for a while with some good custom tunes. Gotta have good tunes or it will be way worse than stock.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ahh I see... Hopefully he gets them tunes then.

Could have sworn I remember reading a pmax was a good upgrade for a stock truck ...

flexyford

Reaction score
I have experience with stock injectors and a powermax with innovative tunes, and a powermax and 155's. I liked my setup when i ran 155's and a powermax. It took some time to get the tuning rite, but when it did, it had power all the way through. Like what was mentioned in other posts, with a pmax and stock injectors it seems there is dead spots, i noticed it especially when towing! Running a street tune compared to a tow tune seemed to help quite a bit though and it didnt get hot by no means. I never did try the tuned FICM though, but i do hear alot of people saying it helps alot! I say go with turbo first, get some good tunes written and then get a good set of 155's from Warrens or Casserly. Towing with that setup is awesome! Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online