power at higher RPMs

pontiacross

Reaction score
Is that typical? I've always that billet was easier to spool but i could see the cast being easier to keep spooled because more rotational mass. Are you allowed to say what kinda timing yall are running? I'm wondering if that could have something to do with my high drive pressure

as for timeing and stuff like that after 63 dyno pulls it is pretty hard to me to keep track of all those details so I am not going to quote the wrong thing since I'm not 100% sure. Honestly the billit wheel may not have spooled any harder but it did drop off faster for sure and drive pressure was higher with it for some reason. we just decided it was harder to turn.

Reaction score
Congrats to ya ross! this is truly awesome to see!!! Hope this pulling season i can follow in the path in making the ford fans proud . but as usual damn wallet has a whole in it :( . lol u guys goin to TS ??

pontiacross

Reaction score
thanks I don't think I'm going to make ts but gonna try to go to schieds again this year

Big Bore

Reaction score
Regardless of anything else, hitting 30rpm shy of 5000rpm and maintaining 500 HP while doing it is nothing short of epic.

You mentioned something earlier concerning the HP in response to my RWHP calculation and I wasn't clear on what you were saying. Are you saying that it will be making 700HP at the wheels and how was that figured?

TARM

Reaction score
Apparently they have the correction factor in for driveline loss if the other truck was matching track times to dyno readings. That is how I understood what I was told. When you consider my setup has made just over 600HP in a couple trucks he was fueling heavier than I can and should have more air as well. It should be possible.

golfer

Reaction score
Tarm, not sure if you spoke to someone here, or Pontiacross...but we don't use any correction factor on our dyno.

pontiacross

Reaction score
Apparently they have the correction factor in for driveline loss if the other truck was matching track times to dyno readings. That is how I understood what I was told. When you consider my setup has made just over 600HP in a couple trucks he was fueling heavier than I can and should have more air as well. It should be possible.

sorry if I implied there was a correction factor in there or something. I was thinking along the lines of maybe there isn't as much drivetrain loss as people think. but then again I could have misunderstood what jon what telling me, it was just something he mentioned briefly.
I wasn't real conserned with makeing big numbers when I went down there it was just about picking up some power and making it at higher rpms, and we did both by more than I was expecting

TARM

Reaction score
My bad. Now looking back at what you wrote is see I just misread it as I had only asked about 50 questions LOL My fault not yours.

pontiacross

Reaction score
My bad. Now looking back at what you wrote is see I just misread it as I had only asked about 50 questions LOL My fault not yours.

no worries I probably didn't do a very good job of explaining my self

TARM

Reaction score
It happens when its from posts.

Dave,

It was my misunderstanding but thank you for clarifying it.

As you have had an opportunity to compare track times to your engine dyno numbers what have you found is the drive-train loss on average?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
For the record, I was there to see a few dyno runs. I was there to pick up my block and heads.

TARM

Reaction score
Naw I think it was all faked to make Swamps look good . LOL jk of course.

Gearhead

Reaction score
damn man.... you need some more air to cylinders 4 and 8. It's pretty cool to see these things spin up there with the injection rate and timing needed to do it.

Last edited:

pontiacross

Reaction score
#8 was hotter because the pyro had to be in a little differant spot on the manifold. I'm not sure what was going on with #4 on that run it was usually closser to the rest of them then that.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
770 at 4100...

Hell. Yes.

So, are those "standard" 400/400's or... Have they been tweaked a bit?

pontiacross

Reaction score
they are swamps 400/400's as far as I know there is nothing super special about them that they wouldn't do to another set of 400/400's they were building for anyone else

Reaction score
Ross hope u guys do good with the truck post some vids when u guys get your first hook in if u dont mind :thumbup:.. I am excited to see that things have changed so fast over the last 2 years even with new findings on power !!!! so happy for all u guys . DONT FORGET VIDS hahaha! :fordoval::fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.