power loss

The Oiler

Reaction score
So Im almost ready to go to the dark side since i cant figure out my problem. The truck will lose power from third to fifth gear after every shift, first and second truck runs fine. When the power cuts out it will slowly make power and I mean slowly, and go down the road. But if i let the rpm's drop below 1500 the it all comes back till i go to let off the pedal to shift. WTF?

Things I've done to the truck recently:
new o-rings on all 8 injectors
new reman 17* hpop
new IPR
new ICP
oil change
fuel filter change

Things I have checked so far:
map sensor
tps
idm
icp disconnected
took chip out ot if it was the problem
took ipr out and cleaned it, put new orings on it before going back in
hooked a mech gauge to the oil rail and drove it to see what the pressures where, running right it would build 3000 psi in a blink of an eye. When it acts up the pressure stays at a 1000 psi with the pedal to the floor and it will rise slowly with rpm.
So I am at a loss here to what the problem is, please help me. Im at my wits end with this thing thats my DD.

truck mods:
swamps 250's
gen 3
full race fuel system
s366
swamps tuning
hypermax after cooler
map boost reg

Thanks
Nathan.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
replace the icp sensor or you have some messed up wiring to the sensor.. where did the sensor come from that you said was new?

live life full throttle

Last edited:

The Oiler

Reaction score
Im also getting a KAM code, exhaust back pressure sensor code( been disconected for a while) and a icp low short code.
Can the ebps malfuntion enough to where the truck could see high back pressure and cause my problem? Mabe the disconected end is grounding out on the engine?

96F350KID

Reaction score
Check the wires at the engine harness on the driver fender. Seen many wires get rubbed on obs trucks from air filters and air boxes. Also replace icp harness to be safe. Just order one for a 6.0

The Oiler

Reaction score
The epbs is un-pluged, the whole tube is gone and the manifold is caped off.

I will check tomarrow around my air box to see, i have the afe stage2.
Should i also look at the pig tail to the ipr as well?

The Oiler

Reaction score
Is there any way to run a jumper wire on the plug that would connect to the the ebps to dummy out the signal to the ecu?

The Oiler

Reaction score
When the ebps has an error will it cause the ecu to tell the ipr to dump pressure? Say for instance it reads exsessive back pressure, so it detunes the truck right?

zilla68

Reaction score
I thought some tuners tune around the epbs and don't use it anyways, so you might check with your tuner and see, if they did this, I wouldn't think it would matter that its capped off or missing, as the tunes tell it what to see, not that it is actually reading anything.

Latest posts

Members online