Power steps

Gootee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can put power steps onto an obs without a great big headache? Not a fan of thr chrome ones on my truck now but I still would like to have steps

Frankenstein

Reaction score
Last I heard nobody was manufacturing any power steps for the obs. I have heard of guys buying power steps designed for other trucks and modifying them to work with an obs though, but that would probably be considered a headache.

ytee

Reaction score
Give Cary@CT Performance (obswiz) a call or pm I was talking to him yesterday and he has just put a set of Amp power steps on a OBS crew cab for Sapps. The way he was talking was that the wiring was harder than anything else in the install. He said that he had to change the door switch pins out to Super Duty switches.

Chris

Reaction score
I have them on the 96. Mostly a little game to come up with a clean bracket at the proper angle. I welded them up. I used Chevy (!) 2002 steps. Extended cab ones were long enough for an OBS crew, but thinking back if I used the longer ones I could have used them to get things out of the tool box......hindsight as usual.
When they are tucked they are invisible. When out they are totally useful.
I did some custom wiring, I made a diagram I have shared with a few. I could em it to someone to post, I never have time to figure out how all that works on here...

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yes please! And pics of the bracket too? If you wNt up can send em to my cell phone

Actually if possible it might be better to have the pics sent to this thread so other people who are interested in this same thing can see as well. :toast:

Gootee

Reaction score
Definitely agree. Just know before tapatalk I could never get pics uploaded and it could be a real pita to attempt it.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
The way I always do it is to save the pic to the desktop and then go hit post reply and then click manage attachments. then simply upload the pic from the desktop(or wherever else) and boom done.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Yes I have finished a install on a crew cab '07 with Amp steps..we sell the steps and can provide parts needed or provide instructions..PM me if interested.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
:doh: I hit the 0 not the 9..trucks a '97..sorry the pictures are not better..

Attachments

• IMG_3679.JPG
    IMG_3679.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3680.JPG
    IMG_3680.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3678.JPG
    IMG_3678.JPG
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Latest posts