Powered subwoofers

MINK

Reaction score
Last edited:

raptor

Reaction score
when i was working car audio we sold and installed alot of those to customers who just wanted some bass they are real nice and easy to install if your not wanting to be the loudest guy on the block it be a great choice

Koda22

Reaction score
That will prolly take care of the job, but if you anything like most ur only gonna want more after awhile...I personally would spend a little extra money get a nice 10inch setup and just turn it down....that way you have some room to grow when you want some real thump...

RSK

Reaction score
I like the idea - not looking for a rattling beast of a system, just alittle extra bump with clean install and minimal space lost. Gonna put one in my truck and also my boat. Anyone have any experience with them?

Something like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-BASSLINK-10-200W-AMPLIFIED-AMP-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-WOOFER-ENCLOSURE-SYSTEM-/181351362383?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item2a39622f4f&vxp=mtr#ht_3495wt_1006

Turn down for what? I would spend a little extra and get something that is gonna be louder. On my buddies cig, we destroyed the radio from flying through the air too much but his had a pretty nice system. 1 12" sub with 1000 watts going to the sub and speakers but its busted. But go bigger. We always had his turned up full volume. He does everything full throttle and maxxed out. Lesson here, Moderation is for cowards!

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'd be happy with it when you're runnin hard you can't hear crap anyways. But a nice volume and sound it'd be nice, wouldn't require too much power either. In regards to other systems I mean :)

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Turn down for what? I would spend a little extra and get something that is gonna be louder. On my buddies cig, we destroyed the radio from flying through the air too much but his had a pretty nice system. 1 12" sub with 1000 watts going to the sub and speakers but its busted. But go bigger. We always had his turned up full volume. He does everything full throttle and maxxed out. Lesson here, Moderation is for cowards!

proper tuning is key, not cowardice...

Most young guys would rather have their system LOUD, which means they turn it all the way up.....and that is the reason they blow it up...not from the volume, but from the horribly distorted garbage coming out the speakers...

They buy a crap amp, crap speakers, and install it with crap RCA wiring....that is what blows up speakers....distortion,not volume....on most stereos, anything past 3/4 volume is all distortion....so you no longer get clarity, you get distorted junk coming out.

TERRCO

Reaction score
Just like tank said,tuning. I can have my radio full blast and it's just as clear as when it's at a low volume. Take your time tuning and your components will last a long time.

Sent from my Nuclear iPhone

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Just like tank said,tuning. I can have my radio full blast and it's just as clear as when it's at a low volume. Take your time tuning and your components will last a long time.

you have your radio full blast,...but I'd be willing to bet your amps are 3/4 or less...

TERRCO

Reaction score
Gain on the bass amp is I would guess set to maybe 15% . Mids set to 50%. Highs around 25%.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Gain on the bass amp is I would guess set to maybe 15% . Mids set to 50%. Highs around 25%.

yup...sounds like it's tuned about right.....

...young kids with no knowledge turn everything up on their Panasonic Amps. Sony Xplode headunits, with tiny RCA wires that came extra in the box from the old DVD player....then wonder why something blew up....LOL LOL LOL

TERRCO

Reaction score
yup...sounds like it's tuned about right.....

...young kids with no knowledge turn everything up on their Panasonic Amps. Sony Xplode headunits, with tiny RCA wires that came extra in the box from the old DVD player....then wonder why something blew up....LOL LOL LOL

Wow. You described me when I was 16 to the T ! Took a while before I realized I hated buying junk over and over. Then took a while to figure out how to tune good equipment.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Wow. You described me when I was 16 to the T ! Took a while before I realized I hated buying junk over and over. Then took a while to figure out how to tune good equipment.

Yup...took me awhile too....then when I learned you can get over 500 watts out of a properly tuned 50watt qualify amplifier, matched with the proper ohm load speakers....I was in awe....haven't looked back since.

jdc753

Reaction score
Yup...took me awhile too....then when I learned you can get over 500 watts out of a properly tuned 50watt qualify amplifier, matched with the proper ohm load speakers....I was in awe....haven't looked back since.

Same learning curve as everything else. I remember blowing my first set of subs, got pissed off and wanted it LOUDER, turned the gain up from proper to 3/4, kicked on the bass boost, turned on loudness on my Sony Xplod head unit, and cranked the volume... after about an hour or driving around I had no more bass... hmmm

Years later I got a 1000w RMS sub that has survived off 1500w RMS for years due to clean tuning and making sure the the volume doesn't get cranked too excessive, still drowns out sirens but the proper tuning keeps the sub in check while getting excess power.

MINK

Reaction score
thanks for the input, prolly try one in the boat and if it isn't enough Ill put it in my truck.

RSK

Reaction score
proper tuning is key, not cowardice...

Most young guys would rather have their system LOUD, which means they turn it all the way up.....and that is the reason they blow it up...not from the volume, but from the horribly distorted garbage coming out the speakers...

They buy a crap amp, crap speakers, and install it with crap RCA wiring....that is what blows up speakers....distortion,not volume....on most stereos, anything past 3/4 volume is all distortion....so you no longer get clarity, you get distorted junk coming out.

First the whole moderation is for cowards is joke, lol and second the speakers are fine, nothing is blown. The radio is literally broken and came apart from hitting the shock it has taken in the two years my buddy had owned the boat. From getting the thing 10-15' out of the water. Along with a few drives luckily there are two drives but they aren't meant to handle 600hp each 500 or 525 is more there range.

Latest posts

Members online