Powermax dead spot

Rob D

Reaction score
what are your temps rolling down the road and how old are your files?

Matt,

You just sent it to me prob. about a month ago. I was Kevin's buddy running the same setup. Rolling down the road EGTs are around 900 75-80 MPH on flat ground...will verify later on. When the dead spot happens I am pretty sure they are up around 1000 - will verify all of this in the next day or so.

constantfix

Reaction score
I've had the same dead spot as well, 45-55 on everybody's tunes.

I did a live tuning session with innovative about a year ago and haven't had the problem since.

Kinda stinks, cuz i have a whole folder of tunes on my computer that i would love to switch to and from. They all have certain plus's that i enjoy, but due to the dead spot i really do not run any of them.

this is with 155's and an SS, daily driven with xtreme street. Truck was completely stock prior so i have no experience except with this setup.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt,

You just sent it to me prob. about a month ago. I was Kevin's buddy running the same setup. Rolling down the road EGTs are around 900 75-80 MPH on flat ground...will verify later on. When the dead spot happens I am pretty sure they are up around 1000 - will verify all of this in the next day or so.

send me an email with a strat and serial... as of june i have fixed most if not all of the issues with the powermax.

Matt

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem but with my factory charger and sticks. It wont unlock the tq converter unless doing the above mentioned things. That's on erics extreme street tune. It sucks.

Tapping the brake unlocks the tc even stock. With race tunes and a locked convertor you will notice more lag. Try running a street tune with out the lockup thru the gears. Depending on the speed in mine 30-55 tapping the break is best. 55+ normally a slow roll will get the turbo up faster.

Rob D

Reaction score
That sounds good - problem is when would it upshift again, its lazy pretty much all the way up to 70ish...wouldn't want to always hold the lower gear until that speed - I am sure its all throttle position and so many other things I have no idea about. I will e-mail you later on, thanks for being so responsive about this Matt, I appreciate it.

chappy

Reaction score
Matt got mine pretty damn good. It down ****s in that spot and will shift again as soon. I'm very happy with it now.

sly1types

Reaction score
I have the same dead spot with my Pmax and matt's tunes, but I have to hit the gas pretty hard then it will downshift.

Gearhead

Reaction score
If you guys email me I can revise your file. Some stratigies do this and some don't.

sly1types

Reaction score
I emailed Matt, and he took care of me. I got a new tune loaded up and the shifting is a HUGE difference. The 50-60 dead spot is all but gone. I push the pedal down just a little and it downshifts in to 4th Locked and not a cloud of smoke or hard downshift. I tried it on this one interchange where im usually going low 50s up hill and it worked like a charm.

Also the 2/3 throttle shifting is a lot better. I told matt I was having a little 2-3 and 3-4 shift flare and it seems to be gone.

Thanks Matt!

Rob D

Reaction score
I emailed Matt, and he took care of me. I got a new tune loaded up and the shifting is a HUGE difference. The 50-60 dead spot is all but gone. I push the pedal down just a little and it downshifts in to 4th Locked and not a cloud of smoke or hard downshift. I tried it on this one interchange where im usually going low 50s up hill and it worked like a charm.

Also the 2/3 throttle shifting is a lot better. I told matt I was having a little 2-3 and 3-4 shift flare and it seems to be gone.

Thanks Matt!

Whats your name man so I can reference your file when I talk to Matt and have him just alter yours for my 190s?

Rob D

Reaction score
I am also trying out TSDs tunes with early lock up and will post up how it behaves for anyone still following the thread. New FICM isnt going to be coming in til sometime after the new year.

Latest posts

Members online