powermax or swamps 65 vgt

swinky

Reaction score
No I'd be happy in the high 500's. I'd just like to be able to maybe break into the 12's with it on a good day. Bad day low low low 13's

Here's what I want to know. What's more important to you track times or dyno numbers. Also what's your tire size and cab configuration?

Nvm just saw cclb f350. That's going to take a good bit of power to run 12s.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
kc- the stage 3, you send him your turbo and he mods a custom compressor and turbine to your stock main body and stock vgt actuator, but he does also install his custom unison and vein combo(i think). from what i have conceived it works well with 175 and up injectors so if you wanted a bit of expansion room in the future his turbo is a great option. also his vid of his truck this turbo and 175/75's is enough to make you look for a towel after watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a***a6p0pxA

Just FYI...

We sell both remans and Brand new turbos and we keep the remans in stock we can normally ship out a reman within 24-48hrs. We are currently out of stock on the brand new turbos but I hope to have them back in stock next week.

djberg

Reaction score
Right on good to know, thanks. Its cool to see an "even playing field" turbo construction wise. Through all my searching from what I had found it seemed James was the only one building from new turbos, now it comes out everyone has the option of a new Powermax based turbo! Wohoo!!!

Great to see even base options from the three builders.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Right on good to know, thanks. Its cool to see an "even playing field" turbo construction wise. Through all my searching from what I had found it seemed James was the only one building from new turbos, now it comes out everyone has the option of a new Powermax based turbo! Wohoo!!!

Great to see even base options from the three builders.

The KC Turbos ARE NOT based off of a Powermax core. We have completely redesigned these turbos' turbine wheels, vanes, compressor wheels and compressor housings...

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The KC Turbos ARE NOT based off of a Powermax core. We have completely redesigned these turbos' turbine wheels, vanes, compressor wheels and compressor housings... No bored out Powermaxes here... :toast:

I don't think many would appreciate it if all we did was stick it in a CNC and make things bigger haha

sootie

Reaction score
The KC Turbos ARE NOT based off of a Powermax core. We have completely redesigned these turbos' turbine wheels, vanes, compressor wheels and compressor housings... No bored out Powermaxes here... :toast:

im curious as to who just "bores out" powermaxes

windrunner408

Reaction score
I don't think many would appreciate it if all we did was stick it in a CNC and make things bigger haha

im curious as to who just "bores out" powermaxes

LOL This is true. My bad man. I wasn't trying to imply that the Powermax covers were just "bored out"... Nevertheless though the other options that are out there are based off of some "modified" version of a Garrett housing (whether it be a GT3788VA aka Powermax housing, GT3782VA aka stock turbo housing, GT4094VA aka duramax stage 2 powermax housing, GT4088 housing, etc) as opposed to manufacturing a new housing. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

djberg

Reaction score
my bad guys, was an assumption based on searching through dozens of threads to find info on what your set ups are. maybe it would be easier for people looking into your products if what you are offering could be easily located in one spot(hint, hint).

sootie

Reaction score
my bad guys, was an assumption based on searching through dozens of threads to find info on what your set ups are. maybe it would be easier for people looking into your products if what you are offering could be easily located in one spot(hint, hint).

flip side to that is make personal contact yourself and form a relationship with them. then you can here their experience first hand and make a decision based on the treatment you receive. at least thats what i do.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
LOL This is true. My bad man. I wasn't trying to imply that the Powermax covers were just "bored out"... Nevertheless though the other options that are out there are based off of some "modified" version of a Garrett housing (whether it be a GT3788VA aka Powermax housing, GT3782VA aka stock turbo housing, GT4094VA aka duramax stage 2 powermax housing, GT4088 housing, etc) as opposed to manufacturing a new housing. Hope this makes sense.

That's not always the case. KC Turbo is manufacturing their own housings based of those that you listed.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
That's not always the case. KC Turbo is manufacturing their own housings based of those that you listed.

Windrunner408 is KC turbo. He and Charlie own/run KC turbos.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

djberg

Reaction score
flip side to that is make personal contact yourself and form a relationship with them. then you can here their experience first hand and make a decision based on the treatment you receive. at least thats what i do.

i completely agree, though i tend to ask 10,000 questions before actually purchasing, so i try my best to have my "ducks in a row" previous to talking to vendors. though i will say i have talked to James, Charlie, Nate, Derek and Matt, and all of them were awesome at answering the questions i had. but i feel i can get annoying with my 10,000 questions, so i prefer to get as much research as possible in before contacting/annoying.

also maybe this is news to some but all of James new built turbos are listed as "Built from New Garrett Powermax turbo". so i must have lumped everyone together in this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.