Powerstroke214's build thread

dsberman94

Reaction score
Never gonna happen. I had a bad experience w/ a 7.3 had no powa. Thought I was gonna die trying to make a left turn. Luckily the light changed and saved me.

Lol, but it was bone stock. Needs a tune or something, it was just sad really. But it felt like a diesel workhorse, minus the nemo mirrors.

Oh, and the water separator is, in fact, at the back of the fuel bowl. Better design than the 6.0…at least I wasn't covered in diesel…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 7.3 definitely has slow throttle response. I like my tuning which makes the throttle really touchy to throw the azz end out on cold or wet roads. I drove a drift car to high school so it's almost the same thing. The truck is just bigger. And heavier. And the rear diff is stickier for drifting. But it's got the low end torque. Lol. Fun times.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
After this weekend, here's an update:

5" Exhaust on
New Degas bottle and coolant hose

And the bad…white smoke out the exhaust and a slight whistling noise…welp, was a good run while it lasted…

Back to stock tune…

swinky

Reaction score
After this weekend, here's an update:

5" Exhaust on
New Degas bottle and coolant hose

And the bad…white smoke out the exhaust and a slight whistling noise…welp, was a good run while it lasted…

Back to stock tune…

Join the club. Spent two weeks getting it ready for Rudys and now it's a turd again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
That made more sense when I posted it…

I was gonna upload the stock file, but I keep getting an error.

Time to nurse it til it goes under the knife

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'll email SCT about it later. I haven't had the greatest luck w/ the tuner/monitor crap. Might send a newer one off to be unlocked and fixed. Oh well, I gotta go learn chem…

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The 7.3 definitely has slow throttle response. I like my tuning which makes the throttle really touchy to throw the azz end out on cold or wet roads. I drove a drift car to high school so it's almost the same thing. The truck is just bigger. And heavier. And the rear diff is stickier for drifting. But it's got the low end torque. Lol. Fun times.

Wait, I just saw this. Did you just relate a drift car to a 7.3? I'm dying LOL LOL LOL

Don't think I've ever seen a 7.3 do anything quite like this...
photo_zps9e4b1469.jpg

1017374_601652243201802_733870023_n_zps0a0c761d.jpg

not moving slowly in either of those pics also LOL

dsberman94

Reaction score
I did that in the 240 we built through my school parking lot. No I'm talking slow corner drifts not fast stuff. Lol.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just figured I would derail with an example of real drifting... This is on a track too btw..

Yea I... Noticed. We don't really have any tracks for sifting up here. We have back roads. It was a fun car till some azzhole messed with stuff on it. And we just said screw it because it wasn't worth fixing it all to us. Not a lot of money in it. Just time.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yea I... Noticed. We don't really have any tracks for sifting up here. We have back roads. It was a fun car till some azzhole messed with stuff on it. And we just said screw it because it wasn't worth fixing it all to us. Not a lot of money in it. Just time.

Englishtown in Jersey.. You don't live far from me. I've had a few 240s with SR's. Screw those cars. Biggest money pit ever for something to not even street drive.

dsberman94

Reaction score
We built it to be street legal but still roast tires cruising along in 3-4th gear. Rear end was totally stripped out on the interior and we put a limited slip diff with some pretty low gearing in it. It was a turboed KA motor. I love flip-up headlights. Then we sold it to some idiot who doesn't know how to drive a stick. He brought his buddy with him to drive it home and the buddy gets out of the car when I meet them to give them some gauges we hadn't had time to install and I told him it was one of the fastest cars in the area if it actually hooked up. He says my stock 350z could beat it. I told him he's retarded and he and his buddy needs to learn how to drive a stick. Got in my vehicle and left on that note.

I know your only in reading. Me and my buddy bought stuff from, I'm pretty sure you, at stumps back in December.

Last edited:

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Parts ordered from Steve-O, waiting on them, and for Jason to finish up Corb's truck and a couple others. Decided to not get the rr(yet…) and I think I'll be getting an injector or two changed.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
"" for new oil cooler, new intake gaskets, new turbo o-rings, new headgaskets, a1 headstuds, ap delta kit, ap egr delete kit with uppipe, ap coolant filter kit and a ride to your door"

Jason will pick up the other odds and ends

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.