Ppl using SCT livewire ts as a monitor please read.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Just looking for an answer from a few different sources.

Does your ECT and EOT temps read close to the same after the truck has sat not running all day or night?
Reason im asking is mine is showing a three degree difference after 10+ hours of the truck sitting. EOT is hotter. That seems odd to me, in my mind thats too big a difference. Shouldnt they be relatively closer in temp or the same? Im no scientist but unless im a dumass (likely) a glass of oil sitting next to a glass of coolant in the dark should be the same temp.

Ive tried to blame this on the oil pan soaking heat from hot blacktop but i checked today with the truck parked on dirt and it was cloudy all day. ECT was 64 (ambient temp outside) and EOT was 66.98 (constantly fluttering between .95 and .98)

Kinda rambling now but
ECT hardly ever goes above 188 while driving 70 mph and the eot stays around 198-200. New thermostat, is it possible that my coolant temp sensor is reading a few degrees low?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Swap the sensors and see if it changes
I gotta find them first. Haha
Mine does that too. I never gave it a second look. Should I have?
Idk, thats what im trying to figure out. I never gave a crap either untill i started thinking that if my coolant temp was higher maybe id actually hit 190's consistently and be where it should be.

BigBlue

Reaction score
My coolant stays around 188-195 with oil always 8-10 above it. I've always wondered about it but never really worried

Strokin89

Reaction score
What's an absolute delta kit do?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Got it but just havent had time to do the install yet.

Allows the coolant to flow faster out of the oil cooler thus letting coolant flow faster into and through it. From what ive read it really helps lower your oil temp.

Sounds like something I need to look into. What company makes it?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
10-4 thanks

Latest posts

Members online