Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

mandkole

Reaction score
that explains the et and the shake-- on the vid 'chatter as far as you could see down the track'. Get the power to the tire and get it round.. its gonna rip.

gwunter

Reaction score
My money is on the 7.3 continually destroying the converter clutches, not the clutches harnessing the power. Lol please prove me wrong. Assuming you still have some power to be had from the engine?

mandkole

Reaction score
Slip in talkin about was in the converter clutches.

isn't it still lost load? The tire shake is commonly a low power transfer issue. Can you see it on the wheel speed sensor in the datalogger? Im certainly not familiar with the tuning on your trans, but with the big tire bikes it was a usually a power level balance to wheel speed-- the clutches weren't excessively slipping but the wheel speed was slow. The fastest laps had some tire speed that had a very round tire on the edge of spinning. We went 7.50s @ 173-174 but had a 1.11 60 ft.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I see what you meant now.

No our speed sensor for the drive shaft stopped reading. I was going off the shift RPM, RPM drop and calculated RPM drop to find slip %. That would have to all be in the convertor.

On our 7.600 run we shifted at 4408 RPM and dropped to 3582 RPM. With our our convertor fully locked it should have been 2790.

mandkole

Reaction score
I see what you meant now.

No our speed sensor for the drive shaft stopped reading. I was going off the shift RPM, RPM drop and calculated RPM drop to find slip %. That would have to all be in the convertor.

On our 7.600 run we shifted at 4408 RPM and dropped to 3582 RPM. With our our convertor fully locked it should have been 2790.

Gotcha..

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We changed back to the 12' convertor. We are heading to Diesel Thunder this weekend to try it out! 1/8th mile only but If we 60' like we did with the 12'' before and lock up works we should be in the 4.75 range.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We changed back to the 12' convertor. We are heading to Diesel Thunder this weekend to try it out! 1/8th mile only but If we 60' like we did with the 12'' before and lock up works we should be in the 4.75 range.

go bust rawlings ass LOL

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
That was awesome!!!! How did the car work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We just got home. Havnt had a chance to study data. But the little bit I looked at it between runs the rpm curve is so all over the place on runs like that it will be hard to get any good solid data off it as far as convertor lock up goes. But it felt good going down track and pulled good Gs.

sootie

Reaction score
so cool to see you up against millikens nova. arguably the two most cool diesel drag cars!

Built4tq

Reaction score
Rpm all over the place perhaps because she just wouldn't connect on the track? That car has so much more to give considering all that it has now.Record setting times to come in top class for sure. Awesome job guys!