Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Strokersace

Reaction score
I need some parts if anyone has any laying around. Close to me or I between oklahoma or Indy would also work or anywhere between Indy to west of Chicago.

7.3 parts I need: heads, crank, piston cooling jets, rear cover, lifter hold down and bolts, and bolts for injector clamps.

Matt,

I have cooling jets and injector bolts. Also have access to the heads crank, rear cover, but there not exactly mine to give away...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rsieck

Reaction score
I just laugh at the comments about ragging on the 7.3. It still has made the most power out of any of the Powerstrokes, yeah it was mechanically injected, big deal, it ran when it needed to and nothing but blocks held it back. Mechanical this, common rail that. End of the day, people who want to make huge numbers run mechanical..

Chris Watson p-pumped his dmax so he could make reliable, big power. The diesel doctor himself is p-pumping a 6.4 over on comp d..lol Common rail has great potential, but it's not quite there yet to compete .

You don't see a single super stock diesel tractor with common rail. Those guys make SSD trucks look like work stock trucks.

I commend the guy, he wants this thing to run full power reliably when the green light comes on, and not rely on some nerds programming to make it maybe run.

PDT1081

Reaction score
You don't see a single super stock diesel tractor with common rail. Those guys make SSD trucks look like work stock trucks.

Last I knew, NTPA didn't allow electronic fuel systems, so there's that.

I've been waiting to see what a mechanical 7.3 can do on the strip.

rsieck

Reaction score
Last I knew, NTPA didn't allow electronic fuel systems, so there's that.

I've been waiting to see what a mechanical 7.3 can do on the strip.

True. Even if they did, I still don't think they would go away from mechanical setups.

Can a common rail reliably fuel as much or more than a mechanical pump?

01platinum

Reaction score
God this is so bad a$$. Matt this is awesome to see. My thought if I was ever to build a race truck was to make it p - pumped. I have talked about it for a while. Hope to see some awesome numbers and good luck with this set up.

Latest posts

Members online