Problem Again! Injectors

fordguy2

Reaction score
So this past week I had my truck taken in to RCD to have some tests done. It started with a little white puff of smoke and then turned into it wouldnt stop. They got back with me yesterday that it is more than likely injectors after running the tests. I figured might as well get some descent injectors to go into it but Im limited, I think due to having PMR rods. I already have turbo, 4in exhaust, and Dp tuner. I have heard go with swamps injectors and they will retune your chip for free. The only problem is I dont know what size to get. I drive back and forth from school and home which is 120 miles round trip a week. I would love to have the power though also. What size would you guys recommend for my set up? Or what has worked for you? I would love to see some videos if anyone has any with the swamps injectors and chip. Its going to be a couple weeks before I get them installed due to RCD moving to their new place and there is stil some snow on its way so Ill more than likely be out plowing. Any suggestions would help and anything else I should consider doing to the truck while its under the knife would be helpful too. Plan on changing the oil and I have a post pump fuel filter kit I will be installing as well. THANKS :thumbsup:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Those are a 175cc injector with a stock nozzle.

Unless Swamps has changed there sizing...

I ran a set of Swamps 175/173 years ago. Good injectors.

fordguy2

Reaction score
I wont have any problems running the 160/100% with my PMR rods? I know they say dont go over 400hp.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I wont have any problems running the 160/100% with my PMR rods? I know they say dont go over 400hp.

I would try some new tuning if I were you, I will not say anything further.

Otherwise I have had 160's in my wifes Excursion for over 30k. No issues.

I ran the 175/173 Swamps for almost 100k without issue. Those rods are still fine.

I've run Swamps, Elite, DI, TS, PHP and TW tuning...

All are top of the game.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I would try some new tuning if I were you, I will not say anything further.

Otherwise I have had 160's in my wifes Excursion for over 30k. No issues.

I ran the 175/173 Swamps for almost 100k without issue. Those rods are still fine.

I've run Swamps, Elite, DI, TS, PHP and TW tuning...

All are top of the game.

I'd second that :/

160/100s would be a good injector for you

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I dont think swamps will reburn your chip from free since its not a swamps chip.....

Black 02

Reaction score
So this past week I had my truck taken in to RCD to have some tests done. It started with a little white puff of smoke and then turned into it wouldnt stop. They got back with me yesterday that it is more than likely injectors after running the tests. I figured might as well get some descent injectors to go into it but Im limited, I think due to having PMR rods. I already have turbo, 4in exhaust, and Dp tuner. I have heard go with swamps injectors and they will retune your chip for free. The only problem is I dont know what size to get. I drive back and forth from school and home which is 120 miles round trip a week. I would love to have the power though also. What size would you guys recommend for my set up? Or what has worked for you? I would love to see some videos if anyone has any with the swamps injectors and chip. Its going to be a couple weeks before I get them installed due to RCD moving to their new place and there is stil some snow on its way so Ill more than likely be out plowing. Any suggestions would help and anything else I should consider doing to the truck while its under the knife would be helpful too. Plan on changing the oil and I have a post pump fuel filter kit I will be installing as well. THANKS :thumbsup:

What turbo do you have?

If you get your injectors through Jody at DP Tuner, he'll reburn your chip for free. Those injectors will be Full Force Injectors. Great product and great people. The injector price is about the same, but you'll save on the reburn.

I ran 160cc/100% injectors in my truck. Ran fine for two years with Jody's tunes. Some will tell you to stay away from him. To each their own.

As I said.... I had no issues till I put an S468 turbo and a T-500 terminator pump in it and it lasted for 6 months. Popped a rod. :puke: Truck ran like a raped ape until then. My buddy's twin turbo 12V wanted no part of it...... :jammin:

I think Jody's tunes with the other basic mods will be fine for you. Matt at Gearhead has a great track record for PMR tuning. It's all in keeping the cylinder pressure low down low in the RPM band.

When you play with performance, there is never a sure thing as bulletproof. That can be said for even a Swamp's or DI competetion engine.

Last edited:

golfer

Reaction score
I dont think swamps will reburn your chip from free since its not a swamps chip.....

not correct.

We will reprogram any chip with injector purchase, at no charge...we also offer difference in price injector upgrades for 2 years, as well as a 5yr/200k mile warranty on our 7.3L injectors.

Black 02

Reaction score
not correct.

We will reprogram any chip with injector purchase, at no charge...we also offer difference in price injector upgrades for 2 years, as well as a 5yr/200k mile warranty on our 7.3L injectors.

How do you reburn a DP Tuner chip? OP has a DP Tuner

Last edited:

golfer

Reaction score

How do you reburn a DP Tuner chip? OP has a DP Tuner

At no charge with injector purchase, we will reprogram any chip that can be programmed via the TS burner. Some DP Tuner chips fall into that category, as well as other manufacturers, but not all.

fordguy2

Reaction score
I just talked to Jared over at RCD and he said 180/30. I really don't want to take the chance with going bigger and blowing something. I do have a 38R turbo to answer your question. Im going to do some research and look at comparisons to see what would be best.

Blowby

Reaction score
Tom, as you know we deal with altitude issues at 5,320 feet as well as normal wear and minimal compression loss on my 300K motor. I needed to alter the delivery of fuel to favor these factors so smaller tips allow a wider area on the maps for me to tune within and adjust accordingly. For a 380-390 hp towing truck with good fuel mileage with no hazing when cold, crisp start ups, crisp acceleration and no black smoke at anytime at altitude is the reason why. Dealing with the race truck which has 190-200 psi compression cold and 400/400's takes up all my time tuning for every little change since the range in fuel delivered is so large it shrinks the area on the map for minor transitions from cell to cell. Does that clear it up? (No pun intended)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.