Problem installing fuel pressure gauge

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I went out to hook up my line for my fuel pressure gauge. Figured it would be simple, pull the plug from the test port on the fuel bowl and then install my adapter and line in place. Well I pulled the plug out, but when I went to put my adapter in, the nut on the adapter is too big and hits on the regulator housing. Anyone else had this problem?

I'm using the line and adapter from ITP that relocates the sensor to up by the firewall. I know I can just grind the "nut" down some, but was curious if anyone else had this problem.

Here is a picture of the line I'm using:

9c625d47.jpg

Here is the adapter:

85393d94.jpg

And here is a picture showing where its hitting on the housing:

09c894b2.jpg

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Looks like you can pull the cover off and install the adapter. Clock the adapter , then reinstall the cover.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
We see this happen every once in a while, and on other trucks it will install with no interferance. 99% of the time you can remove the regulator cover, install the fuel pressure adapter fitting and reinstall the regulator cover with no issues. The only thing I can figure is that there are multiple castings for the regulator cover and they are not all dimensionally the same.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.