problem with 4x4 after manual swap

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Hey guys. Its been awhile since ive been on the forums, my last year at Texas A&M university has been absolutely nuts. So last spring i completed an auto to manual swap on my 6.4L. Truck has been running great other than my 4x4 not working and a trailer module fault message im receiving with the module installed correctly.

Heres a little background info on the 4x4 issue. Fortunately the truck i swapped the hardware with also had an electronically controlled transfer case. It was perfect because mine was also electronically controlled. I swapped the auto transmission harness for the manual harness correctly. The pigtail running to the transfer case is hooked up correctly for sure. Moreover, Morgan young and I correctly hooked up the Clutch Position Sensor to the correct circuit according to the wiring diagrams we were looking at. (gn-wt wire). One would think our problem would be solved....but this is not the case. The electronic switch does not engage the transfer case nor does it illuminate the 4x4 light in the speedo cluster keeping in mind we had the clutch depressed to the floor. Last side note is that i kept the automatice speedo cluster in mu truck and everything works fine, however i do get funny looks when people see the "P" "D" "1" "2" "3" on my speedo cluster with the stick coming from the floorboard.

So heres my questions for the Powerstroke Army:
1) Does anyone have the slightest clue whats going on here or what we are overlooking? I would like to have my four wheel drive back
2) Because this is sort of uncharted territory, theres a very high possibility no one will know what the heck is causing this....so my next question to the army is in your honest opinion, what vendor would be my best bet around Texas to take my truck to if my resources are exhausted and we dont troubleshoot this issue?

Less importantly i installed the factory trailer brake module into my truck a few months back. There were a few reasons i installed the trailer brake module: 1) I needed the module for work. 2) The flash my pcm was programmed under was a flash of a truck with a trailer brake module and caused a trailer brake module fault message to appear on my cluster.

To rid the message from my cluster and to have the trailer brake controller for work, i bought the module and installed it correctly. Message is still there and i dont know why. Let me know if you have any solutions or thoughts.

Glad to be back on the forums, yall have never let me down when i was in need of advice or information. Appreciate the help fellas.

Brooks

Latest posts

Members online