problems with s468

woodduck97

Reaction score
I got a irate kit a month or so agothat was less then a year old and had a 468. Turbo didn't last no more then two weeks. Anyone else had luck like this with them? Stock turbos took more abuse then what I gave this one.

thuglike

Reaction score
Those turbo's are pretty stout. You can contact JDub on here to see what he thinks he works for Holset..I can pm you a price for a new one with Billet wheel.

mattman347

Reaction score
I have beat the crap out of mine. I spray it at the track all the time, drive pressures are 1:1 up to around 50PSI. What turbine is on it?

JDub

Reaction score
Those turbo's are pretty stout. You can contact JDub on here to see what he thinks he works for High Tech Turbo..I can pm you a price for a new one with Billet wheel.

I have beat the crap out of mine. I spray it at the track all the time, drive pressures are 1:1 up to around 50PSI. What turbine is on it?

Those turbos are extremely robust and should handle quite a bit. Guys with 6.7L Cummins trucks pushing them to 50+psi and 700+hp. Depending on what is wrong with it, they can be repaired relatively easily if you decided to go that route. But getting you into a brand new one is always an option as well. Like Matt asked, what housing are you running on it?

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, you should not have had any issues if it was getting oiled good and the previous owner did did not get something in it!

woodduck97

Reaction score
Yeah that what I thought. How do you get it apart to rebuild it cause I tried getting the wheel off but can't

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have personally watched Jake from Irate ATTEMPT to hurt his stock bottom end 7.3 running that turbo.
Lets just say the turbo lasts longer than the block does in stock form :)

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
ive got the same turbo just 71 cast wheel. ran it wih 250/100s for over a year and 350/200s for the past 4 months. still tight as a nuns ass as of last night. 1.1 housing. these center sections can be had on ebay for like 300$ or something like that, I don't think there Chinese. might be worth the look into for a quick drop in and just swap the wheel

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I've been running it for about a year now and it's seen a 60 psi guage getting pegged almost weekly. Still tight and responsive. Great cheap single for numerous hp applications from mild to wild. Worth getting it rebuilt by a reputable shop that will stand behind it

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Those turbo's are pretty stout. You can contact JDub on here to see what he thinks he works for Holset..I can pm you a price for a new one with Billet wheel.

LOL... Pius must love that.

Pius trash talked my Modded H2e... Been the best turbo I've ever run.

Latest posts

Members online