Problems $$$

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Have a lot of codes with rough start and a miss, you can hear it until warms up, believe head gaskets are gone pushing bit off coolant and blowing cold air at idle, small traces off oil in coolant, jave sinister egr delete done and 267k still driving it and still smooth and dounds good when warm but i am scared of what is lurking here is pic of my codes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365526863.751418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
And i did post thread before on this sorry, i should have added to previous post i changed the oil and is helping smooth it out but codes are recurring so thought i would snap s pick to see what u guys think i should do,

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Looks like u have u have a failing FICM which can attribute to the injector codes. Have u run a KOEO test and/or test ur FICM voltage while cranking? EGR code can be cause you are deleted but do u have a tuner or a custom tune to turn off that sensor!?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to test the FICM for sure bud. Give me a shout if you need a hand, I can walk you through it. I would highly recommend having the batteries load tested FIRST as they can cause similar issues with the FICM, but if you know they're good, get on that FICM. That should help clear up your cylinder contribution codes (though not a guarantee) and ease that rough running.

Other than that, sounds like the EPB sensor needs to be pulled and cleaned, and the tube for it. If you look at the drivers side exhaust manifold, you'll see the tube coming out of it, that tube and the sensor attached need cleaning.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys, batteties are good, guess i prob need new oil cooler too shouldn't be too bad to do, i am on a budget now cuz u am in school, if was this time next yr i would just pull the motor and re work the whole think gaskets etc.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Should i use oem ford oil cooler only? My local dealer is 500$ ebay is a lot cheaper or vendor on here u recommend ? Same for ficm as well

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sunrise ford right from here. An oil cooler rebuild should be under $300. I think I paid like $275 for mine. There should be a few other vendors that sell them on here too. FICM, I'd get it repaired.

Latest posts

Members online