Probs

Gator6.7

Reaction score
Ok I need help guys lol about a month ago my truck had to get warrantied for the EGR. Apparently they replaced that whole system, today I just threw a code p0402.
I have everything to get dereeted, my question is, can I derete and that will be fine, the code would go away?? Or would it be smart to take it to get warrantied then ****** afterwards? I should not the dealer is almost 2 hours from my house. Thanks in advance.

redneck1

Reaction score
A p0402 wouldn't necessarily be egr, a maf sensor or air filter issue may throw that code, too. I'd probably get it checked out, but that's just me..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gator6.7

Reaction score
A p0402 wouldn't necessarily be egr, a maf sensor or air filter issue may throw that code, too. I'd probably get it checked out, but that's just me..

ok yeah i don't know a whole lot about these trucks tbh. I just put an absolute intake on it, so i guess it could be something with that. I looked on google and everything said it was an EGR code.

redneck1

Reaction score
I believe excessive egr flow if I remember right. But a dirty maf or incorrect maf scale for the intake could trigger it. I'd try putting your factory intake on and see if it goes away. It'll take a few key cycles. Just my 2 cents. You could call Steve and see if he's seen issues with that code.

Gator6.7

Reaction score
I believe excessive egr flow if I remember right. But a dirty maf or incorrect maf scale for the intake could trigger it. I'd try putting your factory intake on and see if it goes away. It'll take a few key cycles. Just my 2 cents. You could call Steve and see if he's seen issues with that code.

Thats actually what another guy jut told me as well, so i appreciate it man! Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Members online