Professional stereo guys...questions on quality

Snake

Reaction score
You'll only be running 2 channels that way, no F to R fading only left to right. I don't see a problem with what you have picked out as long as it all fits.

*not a professional*

No chit. Use one channel for the rear speakers and the other channel for the front. You lose left to right, but still have front to rear. :doh:

Snake

Reaction score
Jay, give my buddy Peter a call at Soundwaves in Tampa. I spoke with him earlier today about what you're looking for, and he mentioned the Arc stuff, but thinks he may be able to get you into some Hertz components for what you're looking to spend.

813-849-1104

Snake

Reaction score
Hey fugger -- you're doing 100 mph on a bike and want great quality surround sound for $800 or less? AND have constraints for how much space you can use? Maybe you should reach out to a company for sponsorship? LOL LOL LOL

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Jay, give my buddy Peter a call at Soundwaves in Tampa. I spoke with him earlier today about what you're looking for, and he mentioned the Arc stuff, but thinks he may be able to get you into some Hertz components for what you're looking to spend.

813-849-1104

Sweet man...THANKS!

Hey fugger -- you're doing 100 mph on a bike and want great quality surround sound for $800 or less? AND have constraints for how much space you can use? Maybe you should reach out to a company for sponsorship? LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Snake

Reaction score
LOL @ sponsorship

Seriously, give Peter a call. If anyone can get you what you want for what you are willing to spend, its him. When I spoke with him, right off the bat he said, "Yeah, he wants Arc such and such and we could probably get him Hertz this and that and as far as amps he could go with.......". I got the impression he's installed a few systems on bikes. LOL

AKHILF

Reaction score
Hey tank I have the pbr 300x4 amp in my street glide along with just 2 rockford power 6.5's with adapters. I like it and sounds pretty good. Yours will be even better with 4 speakers. Just put it together yourself and get what speakers you want. I wouldnt worry about a kit. Also find a 10 gauge amp kit for a car and use that to install the amp.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
You can do Focal's Access line for your price point, and the Access line will still out perform most others top of the line series.

jdc753

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that setup Jay.

Personally I like Arc amps and company better than RF but for the size and money and this application I would think the RF amp would be the ticket.

For the speakers those look great, not sure if I would spend that much money on a set of speakers for a Harley as I would imagine you won't ever achieve that level of sound quality with the open air environment and the motor screaming, but by all means if thats in your budget then go for it. I would stick with some sort of marine type speaker just to be safe. Most important stat I think for you would be the sensitivity, this is a factor of how loud the speaker will get off of 1watt of power, and you will need loud to overcome the noise on the bike.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that setup Jay.

Personally I like Arc amps and company better than RF but for the size and money and this application I would think the RF amp would be the ticket.

For the speakers those look great, not sure if I would spend that much money on a set of speakers for a Harley as I would imagine you won't ever achieve that level of sound quality with the open air environment and the motor screaming, but by all means if thats in your budget then go for it. I would stick with some sort of marine type speaker just to be safe. Most important stat I think for you would be the sensitivity, this is a factor of how loud the speaker will get off of 1watt of power, and you will need loud to overcome the noise on the bike.

Thanks man!

are louder speakers not better than normal ones? is it not worth your money getting better rather than normal?

I have no clue what you are asking....could you word it another way?

I think you are saying the speakers I have chosen aren't better than 4 speaker system that I have now(stock)....if that is what you are saying...Both the Polk speakers and the RF speakers are a HUGE improvement over what I have currently.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
I'd like to try to not be judgemental, but thats no fun.

Dude is from South Africa listening to Greenday through two soup cans connected by bailing twine. Don't put too much weight behind what he's saying.

MPTonyT

Reaction score
I work for Phoenix Gold. If you need any product feel free to contact me. We can work something out I'm sure. We have full range Class D amplifiers similar to the ARC amps that the footprint is very small. Along with poly cones and butyl rubber surrounds pretty much make them water resistant. I run them in my self floating river radio and have had no issues....

Pic of said river radio..

254207_10150624963970150_62942_n.jpg

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Everything is ALWAYS for sale. What would you or anyone else be willing to pay for one of these? I would need to see if it would be worth it for me to build another one.

How much do you have in them for materials? That would be a good place to get an idea from lol

Latest posts

Members online