Progressive controller setup

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my dual stage, progressive nitrous setup.

Now I need to figure out how to set it up lol

I figure I'll have to do a boost based reference since I don't think I can configure the tach setup properly lol

So my question is what do I do? When should I have each stage turn on and off???

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have not messed with the bottle on diesels. But just make sure to inspect your solenoids pretty often and test them with the progressive controller. They canbe hard on them from pulsing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It gotta be nx controller. Stage 1 active 100% ise a conservative amount ie a 60jet ,at wot throttle , 2nd stage activate at 2 seconds ramp up from 50% - 100% over 2 seconds. That's a nice easy timeline and should be smooth, hitting it hard AFTER the 1-2 shift , mind you , you can put in huge jets and not go to 100% , saves yOu from swapping jets all the time and just use the percentage peak to control how much you want to spray. Start there THEN go into boost based methods.

Last edited:

Powersmoker

Reaction score
It gotta be nx controller. Stage 1 active 100% ise a conservative amount ie a 60jet ,at wot throttle , 2nd stage activate at 2 seconds ramp up from 50% - 100% over 2 seconds. That's a nice easy timeline and should be smooth, hitting it hard AFTER the 1-2 shift , mind you , you can put in huge jets and not go to 100% , saves yOu from swapping jets all the time and just use the percentage peak to control how much you want to spray. Start there THEN go into boost based methods.

:whs:

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score

100% right.....boost based is a PITA to me! I have always used time and a progressive ramp. Depending on how big you want your second stage will determine what percentage you want to ramp up from. Also what are your base times on the track? You will definitely need to T&T!!! I plan on a little spray myself just doing a single stage though. So keep us informed of the progress I am a nitrous guy I even had it on my Raptor 700 at one time so interested to see how it goes

I know you have your kit already but for those interested my favorite controller is the NMS-1000 made by NLR racing......for solenoids it's hard to beat wizards of NOS they call them pulsoids....they are both big in the motorcycle world.....check them out!!! SORRY got a little off topic!

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys!

I didn't even snap that I could do the time based curve. That should be fairly simple to setup.

And yes it's the Nitrous Express kit with their controller and lightning solenoids so we'll see how it goes.

Track times on fuel only was 13.5xx every time no matter what lol

I have yet to dyno but I'll try to get on one and give some before and after numbers.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys!

I didn't even snap that I could do the time based curve. That should be fairly simple to setup.

And yes it's the Nitrous Express kit with their controller and lightning solenoids so we'll see how it goes.

Track times on fuel only was 13.5xx every time no matter what lol

I have yet to dyno but I'll try to get on one and give some before and after numbers.

So I made a post in the other thread NITROUS HELP.....Bigrpowr whatcha think about this???

First stage in the hot side pipe a .060 jet for 2 seconds....helps with inter cooling and allows better mixing with air.....

Second stage in the cold side pipe a .075 jet or bigger on a progressive curve 40-100% for 2-3 seconds.....

I didn't really see but I hope you have a waste gate....:D

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
Yep so say first stage was a 60hp shot and second stage was a 100hp total shot......you want stage one to be a constant 60hp and the second stage to start at 40hp and work its way up to 100hp for a total of 160hp in 3.5 seconds.......This gets you through that 1-2 shift like bigrpwr said....I was saying to put the first stage in the hot side and the second in the cold side.....would that be better???

1 second= 60hp
2 seconds= 60hp
2.1 seconds= 100hp
2.25 seconds= 110hp
2.5 seconds= 120hp
2.75 seconds= 130hp
3 seconds= 140hp
3.25 seconds= 150hp
3.5 seconds= 160hp

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do not put a stage pre intercooler. You actually take away the inter cooling effect. Put both stages on the intake elbow or as far up the cold side pipe as possible.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Think of Nitrous like this.
50% more air than atmospheric air (To burn more fuel) at sea level with a temp around -200.
If you spray before the intercooler it will heat it back up.
Let the intercooler do its job, then the bottle do its.

Latest posts

Members online