Project Punisher II

DoubleL

Reaction score
funny guy right there, Timmy. Believe me I've considered removing it a few times, but with a helmet and race jacket on at the track, it's pretty nice on the return road lol.

If I try to fit another turbo in there, I might nix it if it gets in my way even though others have kept it.

btw, it was -10F on Saturday when I took it for a test drive.

DoubleL

Reaction score
Got my dang HPOP issues worked out, so got around to getting some other things done on the truck. Drove it a little today too as it was pretty nice out for part of the day at least.

Got my new wheels and slicks all mounted and ready to go, which took about 1 month to get the tires so order early if you want to do what I'm doing. Also got a new custom center council in place, it don't store much or offer an elbow wrest but sure is perty.

Attachments

• 159.JPG
    159.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 164.jpg
    164.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 160.jpg
    160.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 63

cbf9703

Reaction score
Got my dang HPOP issues worked out, so got around to getting some other things done on the truck. Drove it a little today too as it was pretty nice out for part of the day at least.

Got my new wheels and slicks all mounted and ready to go, which took about 1 month to get the tires so order early if you want to do what I'm doing. Also got a new custom center council in place, it don't store much or offer an elbow wrest but sure is perty.

Much easier to check if you remembered to open/close the valve that way! Talk about efficiency! Lol

Glad you finally got the tires.

DoubleL

Reaction score
Ya you were right about the tires taking some time to get. Wasn't too bad but there site says in stock. Oh well, great guys to deal with.

DoubleL

Reaction score
Ya I had one blowdown already from last year when just one bottle was behind stock seats. So now waiting on second blowdown and purge kit to arrive. Actually bottles are just mocked up in that pick, trying to figure out how to secure the mount cuz it's wider then the tunnel hump .

DoubleL

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is an enclosed trailer that would be wide enuf and tall enuf for my truck? It measures 85 1/2" with front slicks on, and no I don't want to be swapping tires every time I go racing just to fit in a trailer.
I currently have a tilt bed trailer with fenders so even it is no longer wide enough, thinking of just getting a bumper pull deck over but sux when it's raining. ???? Ideas?

cbf9703

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is an enclosed trailer that would be wide enuf and tall enuf for my truck? It measures 85 1/2" with front slicks on, and no I don't want to be swapping tires every time I go racing just to fit in a trailer.
I currently have a tilt bed trailer with fenders so even it is no longer wide enough, thinking of just getting a bumper pull deck over but sux when it's raining. ???? Ideas?

No help here... We just use the gooseneck, not ideal when it rains, but it does the job.

swinky

Reaction score
Ya I had one blowdown already from last year when just one bottle was behind stock seats. So now waiting on second blowdown and purge kit to arrive. Actually bottles are just mocked up in that pick, trying to figure out how to secure the mount cuz it's wider then the tunnel hump .
You have me thinking about putting mine in the cab. I know being able to reach them is a plus but is there any other advantages you have found vs putting them in the bed?

DoubleL

Reaction score
Advantages? Not sure.. But auto openers are expensive! If you have any permeation/leaks in fittings or lines you can get away with turning on bottles right before you run, shorter delivery line, I'm gonna have gauge right there by bottles. That's things that were my opinion in considering it. The blowdown tubes are required though when in cab of course, but guessing you new that since you asked.

The two bottles is gonna be new for me this year, but got sorta tired of checking and or changing bottle after 3 runs.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Advantages? Not sure.. But auto openers are expensive! If you have any permeation/leaks in fittings or lines you can get away with turning on bottles right before you run, shorter delivery line, I'm gonna have gauge right there by bottles. That's things that were my opinion in considering it. The blowdown tubes are required though when in cab of course, but guessing you new that since you asked.

The two bottles is gonna be new for me this year, but got sorta tired of checking and or changing bottle after 3 runs.

After 3 runs? How much are you spraying?

DoubleL

Reaction score
lmao, a 70 jet, but let me explain a little better. I'm new to the nitrous game, and last year I only sprayed during test n tune or time only's. I also had no gauge, so after 3 or 4 runs the bottle was definitely way down on weight, no idea on pressure, so I'd just pull it and put in fresh one. I was trying to be consistent.
So this year I just thought two has to be better then one :naughty:
Also, not sure what jet these 400's and S476 are gonna like.

cbf9703

Reaction score
lmao, a 70 jet, but let me explain a little better. I'm new to the nitrous game, and last year I only sprayed during test n tune or time only's. I also had no gauge, so after 3 or 4 runs the bottle was definitely way down on weight, no idea on pressure, so I'd just pull it and put in fresh one. I was trying to be consistent.
So this year I just thought two has to be better then one :naughty:
Also, not sure what jet these 400's and S476 are gonna like.

What size bottle? Are you sticking with a single stage this year? pressure is important. At some of the warmer events, we have to cool the bottle back down to get the pressure back to optimal range.

bad12jr

Reaction score
On an enclosed you could do ramp overs. We have that setup for our dirt late model. Its a 8.5 wide trailer. It would be a taller trailer but would work. An extra foot and a half or two foot would work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online