Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
FB_IMG_14009502151435564.jpg

IMG_20140524_132501_454.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It's just the primer/base coat, but it already looks tons better. I didn't spend much time on the doors because they're going to be replaced with fiberglass, but they look a lot better than they did. Tomorrow I'll drive it around the corner and have em shoot the candy cobalt blue top coat. This afternoon I'm going to put the fenders on, adjust the steering, install my trans brake, and dash vent cover plates. The guy from the NHRA will be here Tuesday to certify the chassis. The only thing I'm worried about is getting a new nitrous kit and down pipe from Jake in time.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Man the fenders are killing me. They're too small for the big ol fatty slicks so I have to modify em. If I bring the fenders out, it won't fit in the trailer. If I cut em out to fit, it'll look a little trashy because I need 6" of clearance. I also can't tub it and bring the tires in because I don't want to back half the truck. Leaving them off totally just doesn't look good either.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Can you take 3" off the inside of each fender? Keeping the outside edge intact, so it looks better?

Edit: Never mind, just read your post again.

Why don't you find some chrome fenders from a big truck chrome shop, and trim the inside edge of those to fit in the trailer? You can probably fine some non chrome fenders to PTM.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
What about just making them removable? Weld on brackets and just remove them for transport/reinstall when you get there, wouldn't take too long.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Tom we actually played around with that idea.

Big truck fenders wouldn't match the shape of the fender pocket in the side of the bed.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Matt I thought about doing a skinnier tire but I'm so light in the rear that I'm afraid I won't get enough traction. I already had a bit of tire spin on that 1.54 60' launch.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah. There's no weight over the rear. I did a couple pages back.

I said **** it and cut em out. The turned out awesome! Very happy with my decision.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah. There's no weight over the rear. I did a couple pages back.

I said **** it and cut em out. The turned out awesome! Very happy with my decision.

overlooked it... Dam, that is impressive!! need to get that hooker landlocked so we can see it rock the 1/4 like a missile!!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.