Pros/cons of HO alternator vs OEM

Agjake11

Reaction score
Alternator has gone bad and before replacing it with another 110 amp, i was looking at some high output models such as the dc power 185 or a 200.

other then the cost are there really any downsides to having a higher outout alternator vs another oem? have 2 brand new motorcraft batteries with A1000 pump, hid's, CTS, headunit and a monochannel amp running off them over stock.

Fordguy100

Reaction score

Zmann

Reaction score
You better have DC guarantee an arrival date or reserve the right to do a charge back

and return it if it shows up stupid late.

I love them but they are having issues and I would hate to see you go without a Truck.
I run the DC large case and having the larger case keeps it cooler

Alternator parts looks good but the Jerks have an online email contact that I wasted 10 minutes typing on just for no response ( I hate companies that don't check the email )

But I never dealt with them because of that so no experience in shipping

Agjake11

Reaction score
You better have DC guarantee an arrival date or reserve the right to do a charge back

and return it if it shows up stupid late.

I love them but they are having issues and I would hate to see you go without a Truck.
I run the DC large case and having the larger case keeps it cooler

Alternator parts looks good but the Jerks have an online email contact that I wasted 10 minutes typing on just for no response ( I hate companies that don't check the email )

But I never dealt with them because of that so no experience in shipping

thanks for the heads up, have a third vehicle so it sitting isnt really an issue.

i did call jason last night and now im trying to find a core or used large case 6g for him to possibly do some magic to. :rockon:

weazel

Reaction score
I bought one at the ferd dealer that is for an ambulance, it works great

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts

Members online